Lt. Commander
# 11
04-15-2011, 02:08 AM
I apologize if I wasn't clear enough. When you first arrive in the system and you rendezvous with the ship the meeting is on, the officer tells you, that the Ferengi and the Deferi have already arrived. I thought it would have been nice, if the Ferengi's and the Deferi's ship would have been there as well. Immersion, nothing more.

I see about the holodeck. And I think that's actually not such a bad idea. However, why do there need to be fights? Perhaps an optional fight with a little bit of story might be even better.
By the way I liked how a fight is going on while you are stuck on the ship.

The last fight with the Klingons is not to hard. I just felt, an alternative to fighting would have been more Star Trek. Say, the second Klingon wave warps in and you are able to talk them down as now the power source might no longer be of any interest to the Klingons.
Or, maybe even better, the Klingons don't care and still want to use it - give a choice as to handing it out or fighting them. That would be great - if possible with Foundry triggers (quickling thinking it through, I think it should be).

With "explaining the situation" I did mean to the Klingongs - NOT to the player as you are right, everything is explained really well.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-15-2011, 03:00 AM
Ah, I see. I had written the dialogue so that the Ferengi and Deferi had arrived several hours ago. This being my first mission, I didn't want to make things too complicated, and have to worry about too many other ships and explain why they aren't helping you fight later. It seemed plausible to disable one ship, but disabling 3 seemed pushing it. I also wanted them to have been there a while so that the Lieutenant suggesting a holodeck program for everyone to relax in and take a break would make more sense - even if the Ferengi and Deferi don't take her up on the offer.

For the holodeck fights, I tried to make them fairly easy and quick. Since my reasoning for having them there was as fragments of a security training program, I didn't have them talk or anything. Again, trying to keep it simple for my first Foundry mission.

For the Klingons at the end...your idea is a very good one. I just didn't think of it, as I was excited about being close to finishing my mission, and wanted to throw in a small amount of space combat for people. Off hand I'm not sure how to make them friendly at first, then have them change to hostile or stay friendly depending on dialogue choices...maybe that's something I can do later when I learn how to use the Foundry better.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-15-2011, 04:37 AM
You can't really make them change from friendly to hostile via dialogue. What you might be able to do is put an invisible box around the Klingons, and then have two interacts. One which is the "bad" choice and lowers the invisible box, allowing them to attack. And the other is the "good" choice that makes it so the box can't be lowered, and they won't attack.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-15-2011, 09:36 AM
I didn't know you could use invisible walls in space maps.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-15-2011, 08:58 PM
Hold the Line is a level 46+

(

Guess I will have to encourage you to level a bit faster.

Flashman
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-16-2011, 11:25 PM
I have to apologize but I won't hit 41 this weekend as I'll have to do a lot of RL stuff.

I can review missions up to level 38, so if you have a mission that requires reviews or you just want my advice, feel free to post it.

As for those level 41 missions - I will review them as soon as I reach the appropriate level. Sorry!