Lt. Commander
First of all I want to say I love the Foundry.

Love it. Love it. Love it!

The dozen or so 4 and 5 star missions I have played through have been fantastic. The community really knows it's Trek and has put some serious effort into making great stories.

That said, the number of missions listed under "Community Authored" is daunting to get through - and the list will just get longer over time....which is a good, no, VERY good, thing!

So, is there any way to provide sub-catagories for this great addition to the game? What I mean is, break it down first by language; I have seen a bunch of pure Spanish, German, and French only missions in addition to English. It would be nice to separate these right from the get go to find the language you most play in. Then in each langauge catagory, have missions tagged by conflict /campaign areas just like the mission replay terminal in the captain's ready room.

Makes sense doesn't it? It would make things a whole lot more organized and missions easier to find by what flavor a player wanted that day. Think I'll dust off my French today and blast some Cardies...
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Seconded.

The foundry is amazing, but I don't want to play missions in languages I don't speak. Let us sort by language!
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-18-2011, 09:44 PM
YES I agree having a a sub menu to better filter the community authored missions is needed especially ability to separate. the language one so it easier to find on to play in your own language.

reminder to community- to report the mission we find that are clearly grinding to abuse the system! foundry wasn't ment to be used as a cheat for the game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobieone
reminder to community- to report the mission we find that are clearly grinding to abuse the system! foundry wasn't ment to be used as a cheat for the game.
Also remember to report the missions that are clearly rambling, obtuse, lame, obscene, incoherent, or fatally broken. Foundry wasn't meant to be used as a waste of our scarce play time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-20-2011, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpops View Post
Seconded.

The foundry is amazing, but I don't want to play missions in languages I don't speak. Let us sort by language!
hmm.. ist doch ganz einfach: lerne andere Sprachen, dann kannst du auch die Missionen spielen, die zum Beispiel auf Deutsch, Französisch, Spanisch, Plattdüütsch (Plautdietsch) oder Frysk (Friesisch / Niederländisch) geschrieben sind.
Gleiches Recht für alle! Immerhin ist der Rest der Welt auch gezwungen Englisch zu lernen um mit dem Rest des Spiels und insbesondere des Forums, der Neuigkeiten und des Supports klarzukommen!
Diejenigen, die kein Enmglisch können, wissen nicht, was als nächstes kommt, bekommen kaum Hilfe - da sie kein englisch-sprachiges Ticket ausfüllen können... und stehen anderweitig auch recht blöd da.
(Und das ist nicht irgendwo hergeholt oder aus den Fingern gesogen... man muß sich nur mal durch die Chats und anderen Game-Foren wuseln um die Sorgen, Nöte und Beschwerden zu lesen)

Aber so gesehen bekommst du meine Zustimmung: ein System zum filtern der erstellten Missionen in verschiedenen Sprachen würde denjenigen was bringen, die diese Missionen spielen möchten und sich nicht erst durch einen Wust an verschiedenen sprachlichen Missionen zu klicken!

that's my 2 cent

edit:
huuuh... I'm Sorry... I've just read, that since now, only english is allowed as language to answer in here.
hummmm.. a tip was given, for those who don't (can't) speak / read / write english.. to use Google-Translator (or maybe the "Babelfish")
I fancy thousands of players with dictionarys on top of their Monitors... or two PCs - PC 1 is runnig the game, PC 2 runs http://dict.cc

OK.. let's use Google and Babelfish-Translator for my Text above
sounds funny.

----------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpops View Post
Seconded.

hmm. is nevertheless completely simple: learn other languages, then you can play also the missions, which are written for example on German, French, Spanish, Plattdüütsch (Plautdietsch) or Frysk (Friesisch/Netherlands).
Same right for all! Nevertheless the remainder of the world is also forced English to learn over with the remainder of the play and in particular the forum to clear-come the pieces of news and the support! Those, which no Enmglisch can do, do not know, what comes next, get hardly assistance - there they a English-language ticket to fill out cannot stand… and otherwise also quite for dumb there. (And that is not somewhere fetched or from the fingers sucked… one must itself only times by chat and other Game forums wuseln around the concerns to read emergencies and complaints)

But so seen you get my agreement: a system to filter the provided missions in different languages those which would bring, these missions play would like and by a mass at different linguistic missions not only click themselves!

just my 2 cent

--------------------------------------------

I hope, thus am saved I degrees again and escape a possible punishment of the case of the disregard of the new forum rules.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewulf_Starlight View Post
hmm.. ist doch ganz einfach: lerne andere Sprachen, dann kannst du auch die Missionen spielen, die zum Beispiel auf Deutsch, Französisch, Spanisch, Plattdüütsch (Plautdietsch) oder Frysk (Friesisch / Niederländisch) geschrieben sind.
Gleiches Recht für alle! Immerhin ist der Rest der Welt auch gezwungen Englisch zu lernen um mit dem Rest des Spiels und insbesondere des Forums, der Neuigkeiten und des Supports klarzukommen!
Diejenigen, die kein Enmglisch können, wissen nicht, was als nächstes kommt, bekommen kaum Hilfe - da sie kein englisch-sprachiges Ticket ausfüllen können... und stehen anderweitig auch recht blöd da.
(Und das ist nicht irgendwo hergeholt oder aus den Fingern gesogen... man muß sich nur mal durch die Chats und anderen Game-Foren wuseln um die Sorgen, Nöte und Beschwerden zu lesen)

Aber so gesehen bekommst du meine Zustimmung: ein System zum filtern der erstellten Missionen in verschiedenen Sprachen würde denjenigen was bringen, die diese Missionen spielen möchten und sich nicht erst durch einen Wust an verschiedenen sprachlichen Missionen zu klicken!
This is an excellent reason for having separate language tabs right at the front of the Community Authored selection. :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-01-2011, 01:39 PM
To the poster saying we should all learn other languages. While I think it would be wonderful for us to take the time to learn new languages. I think it is not something a lot of us (myself included) neither have the time, resources or desire to do.

So there should be accommodations made in the foundry to sort out the languages we can't speak/read.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-02-2011, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewulf_Starlight View Post
Or one can equally suggest that you should learn English so you can create English language missions

Quote:
a) No one forces you to play the game...
b) that said, from a personal point of view, I can't for the life of me understand how someone can not at least comprehend English nowadays. Come on, it's 2011.

Quote:
see b) above.
I do however see and agree with you that there is a need to provide full language background support, if the game offers multiple languages as well. I know that WishStone speaks German, don't know about other Cryptic people and other languages, but maybe she can help out in some cases?

Quote:
There is a foundry language filter option in the 'Custom' tab, it just doesn't work currently, but it has been added to the foundry bug list by ZeroniusRex ( http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=212485 )

Quote:
that's my 2 cent
Adding my 2 British pence
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-02-2011, 06:08 AM
Language support for the Foundry is not exactly the way we need it.

Why can't we create a mission which has two languages? For example set the language of the mission in the project tab to English/German and fill every dialogue with two texts. Maybe build in tabs in the dialogue windows. This way we could easily create missions that have both languages.

Or at least give us a way to duplicate our projects. I created my first mission in english, so more players can play it. But my fleetmates are quite disappointed, since we have a lot of members who can't speak a word english. It is not possible at this time to translate the mission without changing the original version.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-03-2011, 08:58 PM
I agree with this, cause right now, I can only read and speak english with no major problems, and as far as reading German goes, I'm very rusty at it.
Granted yes, we need more missions that support more than just one language, but lets face it, I don't think half of the people who made those top rated missions know enough English to be able to add another language to the mission text. But if more people did add more languages to missions, it'd be nice, and more people would be able to enjoy their work.

I also think they should be able to sort out if the mission has combat or not, is mainly space or ground.