Lt. Commander
# 161
04-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by filbones View Post
I really think that if the 2D map editing is difficult, any 3D element would be even more complicated.
It's not that it's difficult, it's just a really big waste of time, making adjustments, waiting for the level to load, making adjustments, waiting for it to load again. In a 3D editor you see the results of your editing in realtime.

3D software is as easy to use as 2D software. There's only one extra axis, hence only one extra button to press (or hold down as the case may be). After a brief teething period you'll wonder how you ever modded without it.

Don't get me wrong though. Of all the things the foundry needs at the minute, I'd put a 3D interface pretty low on the list of priorities. It needs more of the items tagged as interactive and interior objects, imo. It might seem cooky but there are some really great "Building" props that would look great inside some of the overly large interiors. A tent inside to cover some forensic lab or other alien-autopsy kinda deal?

That huge radio mast would look awesome inside as a centrepiece, oh and windows to let some light into the interiors. Doors too. We need doors of various sizes and materials. Wait.. wrong thread..
Lt. Commander
# 162
04-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigo93 View Post

Real question is is it worth me clearing space from my hdd to reinstall this game?
I would say yes, but then I'm still hanging around in the tutorial bit working on Borg kill accolades. Come join me if you can stand to listen to Zachary Quinto repeatedly telling you about power allocations while you get those kills haha

There's also a lot more building blocks in the Foundry now than there was during beta, and the mechanics of it have definitely improved, though it still needs a few obvious oversights looking into (see my other posts from today in this thread and from the last few days in the art asset request thread).
Lt. Commander
# 163 maybe i missed it..
04-07-2011, 06:39 PM
I just wanted to throw 1 idea (of many) out there..

I was asking if libraries would be allowed in the Foundry. A library would be similar to how we can important a current project now, but would differ in the sense that if you added to the ("imported") project, the updates would be seen inside the -new- project.

To me, this would seem desirable, in that part of good stories (especially by a single author or a group of authors) would be the re-use of characters, places, etc..

ZeroniusRex told me that there is a "character import" on the roadmap, though I could not see it. That would cover 1 part of this idea.. Anyways.. Just thought I'd write it down.

I'm sure it's passed through the mind of devs, but I was curious if anyone else found that appealing

Regards
Lt. Commander
# 164
04-08-2011, 09:05 AM
collaborative work should be put higher on the priority list.
Lt. Commander
# 165
04-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apt.pupil
collaborative work should be put higher on the priority list.
I was thinking the same thing. I had the very same question about whether or not it was possible and I would love to be able to do collaborations.
Lt. Commander
# 166
04-10-2011, 10:29 PM
- Making this editor 3d should be top priority. As it is now you can't place or rotate objects the way you really want it. (using a desk to barricade a door - impossible)
- Enable contacts to beam out and move.
- It would also be nice to set friendly-neutral-hostile yourself for every NPC regardless of faction.
Lt. Commander
# 167
04-12-2011, 01:24 PM
It would be nice to be able to save the missions you have created to disk - then you can make as many as you wish without having to give us unlimited slots. More publishing slots would be nice as some of us are a little obsessed with creating missions and have hundreds of ideas - which with new additions to the foundry will only get worse.

You guys wanted more content then give us the means to do so properly.

This is an awesome thread as is the foundry - there are an unlimited number of mission possibilities just let us exploit the fact.

Keep up the good work
Lt. Commander
# 168
04-15-2011, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia
- Making this editor 3d should be top priority. As it is now you can't place or rotate objects the way you really want it. (using a desk to barricade a door - impossible)
- Enable contacts to beam out and move.
- It would also be nice to set friendly-neutral-hostile yourself for every NPC regardless of faction.
I agree with all three points. But, as for the first point, you mean similar to "The Sims" games? If so, then I agree 1000 percent. It's much easier for me to have a 3-dimensional map when I'm trying to place objects and stuff like that.
Lt. Commander
# 169 Map Sharing
04-16-2011, 09:27 AM
Because it takes so much time a way to share maps would be nice. I spent a day making a Shuttle Bay. Would have been nice to share with people. Also if a mission could be marked so other people could look at it but not edit it would be great. This way I could say WOW cool idea how they do it? All I would need to do it look at there mission ti find out.

Last KILL ACCULADES for Mission. Replace them with there own Accolade. Many people think the Kill 1000 X is just cheating. Said that so many of them are getting good reviews. Do not even get me started on the farming.
Lt. Commander
# 170
04-19-2011, 03:49 AM
Being able to share maps and other assets with each other is a very important feature. That right there would allow collaboration. A lot of people are doing awesome things, like making cities. Others like to focus more on writing dialogs and making stories, others like scripting events, making puzzles and creating combat encounters. If we could collaborate to make missions in a way that would allow a group of people to specialize on certain tasks, truly epic missions could be created!