Lt. Commander
# 31
04-18-2011, 10:18 AM
I had some good fun with Mage: The Ascension.
Some of the rotes I came up with were Dance Fever (makes the target start dancing), Shatner Speak (makes the target, well, you guess). I had a group version of Dance Fever but I forgot what it was called. Mind sphere stuff was awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-18-2011, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-El
Vampires are for cigarettes?
Clove Cigarettes... If you are going to engage in pomp, it must be done to the extreme...
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-18-2011, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilravegirl View Post
Clove Cigarettes... If you are going to engage in pomp, it must be done to the extreme...
I prefer my pomp to be either psycho, circumstance related, or military.
Lt. Commander
# 34
04-18-2011, 11:18 AM
I got some of the core books way back when (probably still have them in a box somewhere...) and some friends and I eventually did a short Hunter campaign, but the Vampire campaign never came together (and none of us were into werewolves or changelings/fairies). I blame the LARPers personally, lol!

I encountered too many pretentious neo-goth wannabes (I enjoy a talky RP game occasionally but this was not clever, intelligent RP, this was a pensive, pout-a-thon and who is more arch-gothier-than-thou. Blech! It tainted my enjoyment of the game as a whole). Overall, I'm more for Cthulhu-style RPGs if I'm in a horror mood.
Lt. Commander
# 35
04-19-2011, 06:19 AM
I've got few "full shelf" collections of RPGs.

Ars Magica, Conan: The RPG, Fading Suns, Traveller...and the Dark Ages/Sorcerer's Crusade books from White Wolf. I used to have a giant collection but the contemporary setting didn't work well for me and Kult is a better horror game in general. But Dark Ages? They took the cool politics and backstory from Vampire and stuck it into a gritty semi-historical medieval setting. It may not have the scholarly gravitas of Ars Magica but it's got drama out the ***. Sorcerer's Crusade does the same sort of thing, with mages instead of vampires, and wonder instead of angst and the Renaissance instead of the middle ages. SC has some of the most awesome supplements like Bygone Bestiary and the Swashbuckler's Handbook.

Haven't played any WoD in ages. Back in college I was in some tabletop crossover campaigns (played a Bonegnawer garou and a Man In Black at different points). Also knocked around on some WoD MUSHes back in the 90's but never quite clicked with me. The only one I remember by name was Crescent City and that seemed to be a good bunch of folks but RL kicked in and I didn't have time to stick with it.

I suspect I'll be getting refamiliarized in the months to come. STO for life, true dat. But I gotta say there's an inner Nosferatu in me just waiting to come out and play in WoD Online whenever that sucker hits.