Lt. Commander
# 1 Armchair General Reviews STO
04-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Armchair General revisits and reviews Star Trek Online after its one-year anniversary. Get it a read here.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-19-2011, 01:48 PM
Its always sad when writers fail to do their homework:

Quote:
As I noted, the Klingons were once going to be a PVP-only race, but at the last minute Cryptic decided to let players have a go at them for PVE as well.
Thats backwards. Klingons were originally going to be a faction with full PvE content, and then shortly before launch they were switched to PvP. What makes it even worse is he was following the game before launch so he should know better. I can only hope he just doesnt know what he's talking about rather than intentionally spreading disinformation.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-19-2011, 02:20 PM
'Robust PVP'

What was this guy smoking? :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrayl View Post
'Robust PVP'

What was this guy smoking? :p
Ground PvP is quite robust and awesome... if you can get a match.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-19-2011, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Its always sad when writers fail to do their homework:

Thats backwards. Klingons were originally going to be a faction with full PvE content, and then shortly before launch they were switched to PvP. What makes it even worse is he was following the game before launch so he should know better. I can only hope he just doesnt know what he's talking about rather than intentionally spreading disinformation.
Before Release this is what the devs kept telling us over and over after the excrement hit the fan. Everyone thought the Klingons were supposed to be a full faction. Everything kinda pointed towards it. When Klingons were finally released into Beta and we got our first look at Klingon play the excuses started flying. The big one being that the Klingons were always designed to be a PvP faction and were never supposed to be a Full fledged faction like the Federation.

It is only recently that we have come to learn what really happened to the Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Ground PvP is quite robust and awesome... if you can get a match.
I suppose it's all a matter of opinion when all is said and done (I actually do enjoy ground combat), but the second part of your post seems to make a very hard case for the first part...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
The PVE options for Klingons are also of the randomly generated variety, so they’re generally not very enjoyable and can be very repetitive.
Did he actually level his Klingon? Their faction specific episodes may be few in number, but they are all quite good & enjoyable.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-19-2011, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquizitor View Post
Before Release this is what the devs kept telling us over and over after the excrement hit the fan. Everyone thought the Klingons were supposed to be a full faction. Everything kinda pointed towards it. When Klingons were finally released into Beta and we got our first look at Klingon play the excuses started flying. The big one being that the Klingons were always designed to be a PvP faction and were never supposed to be a Full fledged faction like the Federation.

It is only recently that we have come to learn what really happened to the Klingons.
It wasnt just people "thinking", it was actually what they said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack
Two factions, full PvE content
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcAn3nhf97Y#t=01m49s

And here is Dan acknowledging this:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...&postcount=223

For the record, I'm pleased with how far Klingons have come and where they are going. I'm just disappointed the writer of this article didnt take the time to research what he said(and should have known better from being here before launch).
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Yeah...and then they released KLingons to Closed Beta and all you ever heard from teh devs was that the Klingons were a PvP only faction and that was all they said they would ever be. Why do you think Klingon players were so angry?
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquizitor View Post
Yeah...and then they released KLingons to Closed Beta and all you ever heard from teh devs was that the Klingons were a PvP only faction and that was all they said they would ever be. Why do you think Klingon players were so angry?
Well, whats done is done. My point is simply that this article is spreading false information.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-19-2011, 11:19 PM
He also says that there is a "horde of PvP missions". I think the guy needs to review the definition of horde.