Lt. Commander
# 11
04-20-2011, 06:08 AM
I wouldn't rate a mission down because of this, but I'll confess it would bug me a little bit. In my missions I work around the issue by having you beam aboard a different ship. That way you can still feel like you're aboard a ship without having to worry about it being the player's bridge.

I've seen the whole "ready room in a box" technique too, which is a little better but still feels a bit awkward when you are boxed in and can't get out. Again I'd never rate a mission down because, it's just a pet peeve of mine.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-20-2011, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueheart
I wouldn't rate a mission down because of this, but I'll confess it would bug me a little bit. In my missions I work around the issue by having you beam aboard a different ship. That way you can still feel like you're aboard a ship without having to worry about it being the player's bridge.

I've seen the whole "ready room in a box" technique too, which is a little better but still feels a bit awkward when you are boxed in and can't get out. Again I'd never rate a mission down because, it's just a pet peeve of mine.
I used the RRIAB on Tribble. Thing is, TOS interiors don't have ready rooms. And the plan is for more interior variety in the future.

You can bypass this issue by having a friendly ship to beam aboard.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-20-2011, 09:08 AM
It actually does bug me a lot when I have according to the story someone on my bridge and it doesn't look at all like mine. Not only because it's not my bridge, but also because the colouring may be off than what my bridge looks like, my other BOFFs are not on it, or because it may be a huge extra large cruiser type bridge while I'm sitting for example in a defiant class ship, which itself may just be a little bigger than the story-given bridge.

For the same reason I try to avoid this when writing a mission up to have the story take part on a separate ship which is there for whatever reason the story says.
Even then I try to use a fitting bridge.

I added an Olympic bridge as a map, since it looks quite cool, but my intended ship is a different science class vessel. However the Olympic bridge has a large LCARS display of the ship itself, which would therefore be quite wrong on a, say, Oracle class ship and therefore didn't use it. It bugs me and I think it'll also bug other players, therefore opted for the Generic bridge option.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-20-2011, 12:49 PM
The point of the foundry is to have fun making missions. I wouldn't let what other people think about your missions stop you from making them. If you want a scene on the bridge, pick the bridge set you like and make it. I'll still play it and I won't knock you for using a bridge that's not "mine."
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-20-2011, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaCadt07 View Post
The point of the foundry is to have fun making missions. I wouldn't let what other people think about your missions stop you from making them. If you want a scene on the bridge, pick the bridge set you like and make it. I'll still play it and I won't knock you for using a bridge that's not "mine."
Well, unfortunately many of us will. As I say, if you can't do what you want to do right in Foundry, do something else instead!
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-20-2011, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I used the RRIAB on Tribble. Thing is, TOS interiors don't have ready rooms. And the plan is for more interior variety in the future.

You can bypass this issue by having a friendly ship to beam aboard.
Conference room is the ready room, but no idea if you can put people there yet.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsciw View Post
I added an Olympic bridge as a map, since it looks quite cool, but my intended ship is a different science class vessel. However the Olympic bridge has a large LCARS display of the ship itself, which would therefore be quite wrong on a, say, Oracle class ship and therefore didn't use it. It bugs me and I think it'll also bug other players, therefore opted for the Generic bridge option.
I wouldn't let that stop you. The Galaxy bridge has a picture of an Akira for some unknown reason.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-20-2011, 05:19 PM
Nobody should fault you for the foundry limitations. If you want to use "your" bridge, just pick a bridge and players can use their immagination. It's not your fault that we can't use the most common place to advance a story. I used a generic bridge in my mission and I had no regrets. If they later on make it possible, then I'll adjust those missions.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-20-2011, 07:02 PM
Like what others have already posted, easiest way is to do it in the ready room as it is more uniform than the bridge.

You can also try what Leviathan99 alluded to: use an NPC's bridge. By that I mean use a bridge of someone else's (NPC) captain. In my second mission in my series I really wanted a bridge scene but since I know there WILL be people who will not make that jump to make it "their bridge" I have the scene happen in an NPC ship's bridge instead.

Easy enough to do if you rendezvous with a colleague they invite you to beam over, etc. I know it's a plot change probably but a minor one.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-21-2011, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardassianNinja View Post
Nobody should fault you for the foundry limitations. If you want to use "your" bridge, just pick a bridge and players can use their immagination. It's not your fault that we can't use the most common place to advance a story. I used a generic bridge in my mission and I had no regrets. If they later on make it possible, then I'll adjust those missions.
You wouldn't be faulted for the limitation, just for not working *around* it. As I say, I wouldn't ignore this kind of thing when reviewing - a good artist knows the limit of her medium.