Lt. Commander
# 21
04-20-2011, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
It also takes away the feeling of collecting the anomalies. Doing scans and such are a very Trek thing, and something I actually enjoy doing as a side bar to the actual mission I'm playing.
They could give people a "Scan 5" mission (pre-generated) for every X Foundry missions they complete.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-20-2011, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
They could give people a "Scan 5" mission (pre-generated) for every X Foundry missions they complete.
Or people could just go farm in star clusters. But my point is I enjoy doing the scanning on the side while doing the normal mission. You can do this in the official missions, just not in the Foundry yet unfortunately.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-20-2011, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Or people could just go farm in star clusters. But my point is I enjoy doing the scanning on the side while doing the normal mission. You can do this in the official missions, just not in the Foundry yet unfortunately.
Nagus... What's to stop someone from just creating a Scan 5 with this?
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-20-2011, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Nagus... What's to stop someone from just creating a Scan 5 with this?
I'm not sure what you mean. The anomalies arent the mission objective, just something to do during the mission. People can already create a "scan this item" mission. But again, the anomalies themselves arent the scan objective.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-20-2011, 08:19 AM
Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean. The anomalies arent the mission objective, just something to do during the mission. People can already create a "scan this item" mission. But again, the anomalies themselves arent the scan objective.
My point is: why would people have to do anything else in the mission? It would become an anomaly grinding mission tool.

In general, I think the intent is that anomalies are supposed to either divert you from a mission or thrust you into competition with other players. A repeatable scan 5 doesn't do that.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Quote:
My point is: why would people have to do anything else in the mission? It would become an anomaly grinding mission tool.

In general, I think the intent is that anomalies are supposed to either divert you from a mission or thrust you into competition with other players. A repeatable scan 5 doesn't do that.
According to recent Dev posts, that would be against the EULA. And as recent events have shown, people who try to make missions like that and get reported lose their creation abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-20-2011, 02:10 PM
Quote:
It also takes away the feeling of collecting the anomalies. Doing scans and such are a very Trek thing, and something I actually enjoy doing as a side bar to the actual mission I'm playing.
Personally I'm more interested in seeing the minigame added as something that can be dropped into a dialogue tree or the story flow...

But yeah, if they can find a non-exploitable way of putting random anomalies in, then cool!