Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
OK - it's not that I can't do the math problems some of you are putting into your missions, but seriously, I'm here to enjoy the mission / story you have created - not go running around looking for a calculator or scratch paper in the middle of the night when I'm trying to get in a mission. I don't ever remember watching star trek and having the captain give me a math problem I had to figure out so I was able to watch the rest of the episode.. It KILLS the flow of your story, I'd rather have to go around turning on consoles in a certain order (and even that is a pain and forces me to re-read the same part of the story over and over just to get this minor detail that really adds no real meaning to the overall story - to move on). I really don't want to have to read countless dialog about how I need to figure up the rate of plasma flow into the flux capacitor in order to make the jump to light speed and save the princess.

If your going to put math in your mission, then please tell me in the description so I can avoid it and avoid leaving a bad rating..

Good example: There I was relaxing and playing STO lastnight before going to bed, in bed actually, I was enjoying the story, moving along, ready to see what was going to happen next, and I got presented with a math problem and this time I was even told I should have a calculator... You can't imagine how frustrated I was when I was sitting there trying to be quite as to not wake up the better half, and then having to search for a damn piece of paper or calculator.. I ended up just doing it in my head, but it was one of those moments in video games where you just want to get the Dev in a room and kick em square in the.. Lol.. come on, you know what im talking about if you have ever been into a game and needed to get past one of those BS situations..

So please, stop the math problems, I'd be more than happy to suggest other options for resolving a situation, just keep the story moving!!!

- X -

In the great words of Jimmy Buffett - "Math Sucks!"