Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
04-21-2011, 12:59 AM
I still find it funny looking at the ship Listings... and the proof of how one sided the game is.. I mean yeesh.. Feds get so many more ships of each type compared to the KDF.. Oh well... Have fun all..
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-21-2011, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
I still find it funny looking at the ship Listings... and the proof of how one sided the game is.. I mean yeesh.. Feds get so many more ships of each type compared to the KDF.. Oh well... Have fun all..
But Klingon teams have more clasifactioins in general. So the team compositions are a bit more varied. I hate that the Klingons dont have as many ships yet but as they are added the classes will fill up like the feds.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-21-2011, 01:14 AM
I would love to see mixed faction teams. Kind of impractical while the tech still doesn't fully support mixed faction teaming on private matches though.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-21-2011, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
I would love to see mixed faction teams. Kind of impractical while the tech still doesn't fully support mixed faction teaming on private matches though.
I do hate the tech isnt there either. Mixed teams would have an unfair disadvantage to some degree because you wouldnt beable to auto target a heal to them
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-21-2011, 01:35 AM
One thing I am worried about with a 3v3 format is that it is probably almost impossible to get training matches. 3v3 doesn't usually happen in the regular queues. And I am not quite conviced by the wisdom of this choice:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarsiscannon View Post
professions are now not as limiting to increase potential canadates
Do you really want 2 subnukes on each side?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarsiscannon View Post
Mixed teams would have an unfair disadvantage to some degee because you wouldnt beable to auto target a heal to them
Why can't teams put themselves at a disadvantage if they choose to do so?
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-21-2011, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
One thing I am worried about with a 3v3 format is that it is probably almost impossible to get training matches. 3v3 doesn't usually happen in the regular queues. And I am not quite conviced by the wisdom of this choice:

Do you really want 2 subnukes on each side?

Considering Teams composition has to be anounced before match, including toon, profession, ship... the other team can acomidate counters easily. one sci team is good to clear a sub nuc... so bring two sci teams

Why can't teams put themselves at a disadvantage if they choose to do so?
I do see your point... but then I would need to balance the the ship classes again for a mixed senario...
example : Carriers and cruisers are similar in hull and sheild but have a sci layout... So were would it go?How would you propose this change.
The league will never support Cruiser "spider heal" invincable teams. That is why the ship specifactions are a must.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-21-2011, 01:50 AM
Better than three subnucs :p

I think it works decently as a middle line between cheese and accessibility. I'm not even sure whether or not a two sci team would be better than a team consisting of 1 of each career for a 3v3 either. I certainly think that one of each career is ideal, but then you have the issue of forming teams to those guidelines and getting subs.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-21-2011, 01:56 AM
My biggest emphasis right now is to get people to accually rise up to the challenge and form a three man team to get it going. If later on the League decides they prefer a single profession per person we can do that.
The best part of this is that we can make it our own.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-21-2011, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
The code branch STO will move to with season 4 supposedly will allow this. Still a little off, but if this league works, there should also be some experience and guidelines that would allow to add the new "complication" of multi-faction teams.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-21-2011, 09:42 PM
Limited Multi Faction team are now available... and with that the balance of one Sci, one Tac. and One eng has been reestablished. Teams wiil be Much easier to put together, and with free agents now with unlimited flexabilty alows for people to play more often.
During the season we will hold 3v3 exhibition matches were people can train together