Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
This is partially why I make all these infamous threads of mine. The Dev Team doesn't pay enough attention to PvP like they should be. We are basically the guy in the back going "yoo hoo".

Yes, Trics Misfire as well as HY Attacks if you move out of angle.

This also happens when using HY3. You have to maintain that attack angle for a few seconds.
That is part of it but also ship design hardpoints and also it seems there is a problem with where hardpoints are located in relation to the firing cone of a weapon. Example being if a target is little high and behind you misfire but if the target is little low and behind no issues same thing with left and right
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-18-2011, 01:30 PM
[quote]
Quote:
This is partially why I make all these infamous threads of mine. The Dev Team doesn't pay enough attention to PvP like they should be. We are basically the guy in the back going "yoo hoo".
I have a funny feeling some are doing more than just shouting "yoo-hoo".
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Quote:
There is some logic to that since the squeaky wheel gets the oil. However, since 90% of your "infamous threads" are pure garbage I imagine it's hard for them to sort out the stuff that is important and needs to be fixed versus the stuff that rubs you the wrong way:p. Case in point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian
Huh, I'm always in the PuGs. Just been more focused on the Klingon side lately because Klingon ships are better in PvP.
At least this thread has some merit. I too have noticed the increased misfire rate which is made more obnoxious when considering the recent nerf (but maintained cool down).
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-21-2011, 07:06 AM
Even if it desn't make you guys feel anybetter, i have to say that i'm relieved.

Indeed i thought that this bug was a matter of ping (i play in France). Obviously not. This is a serious problem considering that STO is a REAL TIME game. There can't be any perceptible delay between an action and its occurrence without altering the gameplay.

What i personnally call the GHOST TORPEDOE hit me many times when fighting klingons in Starbase 24 and trying to escape the fight to recover.

The weird thing is that it ALWAYS results in a critical hit that inflicts 5000 to 27000 damage even though you still had shields.

I have noticed quite the same in PvP, except about the critical and damage.

I am a roockie so when i read that this bug RE appeared, i'm happy to hear that it once was not a problem anymore. Let's hope we'll have better days
Closed Thread