Lt. Commander
# 1151
03-15-2011, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daevan
I bought the Gold Edition of DoW2. Chaos Rising was included.

I just looked it up. GalCiv2 is only $20. I'm pretty sure I can afford both it and Retribution. Good thing I get paid today!

This is all your fault!
If you are getting paid you might as well also get Europa Universalis 3. It's like a history lesson that ends with you conquering the world. Goes from 1399-1820. Basically pick ANY country and just go. The game gives you a 'mission', but there are no penalties for not completing said mission and you have as long as you want to do it.

But there are 300 other countries out there...
Lt. Commander
# 1152
03-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
If you are getting paid you might as well also get Europa Universalis 3. It's like a history lesson that ends with you conquering the world. Goes from 1399-1820. Basically pick ANY country and just go. The game gives you a 'mission', but there are no penalties for not completing said mission and you have as long as you want to do it.

But there are 300 other countries out there...
I've heard of Europa Universalis. It sounds like an Early Modern version of SuperPower, only without the crippling, game-ending bugs.

I've been meaning to track it down, but it's hard to find games around here. The nearest Gamestop is in Trussville, a good 45 minutes away, and they have a horrible selection of PC games. Ordering it online is probably my best bet.
Lt. Commander
# 1153
04-18-2011, 04:04 PM
So anyway, the new Grey Knights codex is out. And now everyone plays Grey Knights, it seems. I'm using the codex to represent my Chapter's 1st Company with one list (which is 26 Terminators), and then I've got a second list of actual Grey Knights, which I haven't gotten to try yet.

Any thoughts on the army, the fluff, etc.?
Lt. Commander
# 1154
04-18-2011, 04:37 PM
I am happy to share that I have just about finished my Sanguine Guards!

I magnetized their arms so I can swap out equipment on them easier. The last bit I need to do is make the power weapons glowy - I'm thinking green on these fellows.
Lt. Commander
# 1155
04-18-2011, 07:57 PM
Magnets! Yay. I use magnets on my heavy weapons teams and vehicles. Sometimes you want a missile launcher on your Sentinel, sometimes you want an autocannon.
Lt. Commander
# 1156
04-20-2011, 04:34 AM
Yes, magnets are awesome. I FINALLY got around to picking up some new batches of the things, which should prove helpful with my new GK models.
Lt. Commander
# 1157
04-21-2011, 08:33 AM
my girlfriend is slightly interested in warhammer =o

we played a risk game the other day, and she enjoyed / liked it (first time playing risk) so i showed her some warhammer stuff, the tyranids perked her interest so tonight i might seduce her into a game with me to see if she likes it, and go from there =D
eventually i hope to have a semi-large space marine army (maybe the blood angels, the seem to be the most appealing SMs, and i also want to include a titan in the mix, space marines have the coolest titans that's why i want a space marine army ) and an even bigger sized nid army ^.^ which i will use as my primary... the hardes part is going to be painting and/or assembling the magnetic parts, i'm really not sure how to go about doing that...

do i a) drill a hole to insert magnet? (on the small peices that would be pretty difficult)
b) sand out the area where the maget will go (which i'd probably have to drill it a bit first anyway)

or c) just attack the magent? which if i do that the limbs won't really look right =/
Lt. Commander
# 1158
04-21-2011, 08:48 AM
I drill holes, manually, for my mangetizing. Let me see later during lunch about unearthing pictures.
Lt. Commander
# 1159
04-21-2011, 08:20 PM
I drill small holes and glue magnets in there.

I get the D101-52 magnets from here. These magnets are small (1/16" by 1/32") but powerful. One or two will hold any weapon on my vehicles in place.
Lt. Commander
# 1160
04-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allerka View Post
So anyway, the new Grey Knights codex is out. And now everyone plays Grey Knights, it seems. I'm using the codex to represent my Chapter's 1st Company with one list (which is 26 Terminators), and then I've got a second list of actual Grey Knights, which I haven't gotten to try yet.

Any thoughts on the army, the fluff, etc.?
Don't get me started. Seriously. If Matt Ward frakked things up bad with Blood Angels, hoo boy... he really did a number on my Grey Knights.

Terminators for the same price as vanilla, but with PE vs Daemons, and force weapons? Tactical squads with storm bolters and NFWs for 10 points over vanilla cost? NEMESIS ******N DREADKNIGHTS?

Put it this way. For 155 points, I can have a monstrous creature with a 2+ armor save that rerolls all its misses, failed wounds, and armor penetration rolls (on 2d6, being a monstrous creature) at strength 10. Basically, a half-price adrenalized venomous Carnifex with a Hive Tyrant (with Old Adversary) sitting right behind him. And then some.

I hate Matt Ward so much.

It makes me rage.

RAGE.

Edit: Oh, almost forgot. You can give the Dreadknight a Personal Teleporter which, because Matt Ward cannot write rules worth a damn, actually turns the Dreadknight into Jump Infantry. No, you didn't misread that. It doesn't make it move like Jump Infantry (like Tyranid monstrous creature wings, or Chaos Sorcerer wings), it actually changes its unit type to Jump Infantry. (see: Grey Knights codex, Personal Teleporters, Interceptor Squad entry, and Grey Knights codex, Army List section, Nemesis Dreadknight wargear)

Can anyone say "Apocalypse game with twelve Dreadknights embarked in a Storm Raven?" And because you disembark from the base on a Storm Raven, you could totally do it, too.