Lt. Commander
The new Oberth Federation Science Vessel is now available to unlock from the C-Store. And don't forget to check out the Oberth Video Profile in our Star Trek Online Video Gallery!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Fire
The new Oberth Federation Science Vessel is now available to unlock from the C-Store. And don't forget to check out the Oberth Video Profile in our Star Trek Online Video Gallery!
Woot! Now all we need is a retrofit with a phase cloak!
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Just picked it up.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Fire
Wait! That's NOT a conon Obereth Class ship - in the video there was NO view of it exploding spectacularly to a lucky shot by a Klingon Bird of Prey...Boooooo! :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Botany Bay? Oh no!
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-21-2011, 11:21 AM
I only get to see half of the video. guess its soming to do with my pc?
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-21-2011, 11:38 AM
So, not to rain on the parade, but I notice this gets a Universal Console that can be used on any other ship... except, Klingon ships I take it? Unless it's Bind on Account?
Lt. Commander
# 8 Really cryptic
04-21-2011, 11:48 AM
wow, Thats 7 items for the c-store and no items for us for free. I would have appreciated the fact that we are not getting new features or content for this ship to be given to us and if you wanted the consol you pay 400 pts.

Stop it with the gemmicks and c-store crap. You will have people start to realize this is not a game but a way to sell star trek virtual stuff and not focus on the game. You would have made a big difference if you gave this ship away for free.

Are you kidding me, That ship is tiny and it was able to take 6 photon torpedo shots from a galor. come on guys lets be realistic here. these videos are not reality of game mechanis and most def are not apart of what will happen in the game. I dont know why another lie is being sold here but its a shame, a clear shame on cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-21-2011, 11:57 AM
If you don't like it, don't buy it. Vote with your money. Cryptic/Atari is a business whose primary goal is to make a profit. The April 21st patch release notes state
Quote:
Please note that just like the constitution and the NX, there is no in game way to unlock this ship. We are working towards an in game solution for the Oberth and the other starter ships for season 4.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-21-2011, 12:12 PM
I agree with some of my fellow players above.
Let's face it, I know that the temptation to market it kicking patoot is almost irresistible but Cryptic/Atari you must be strong. You must walk the path of truth and honor young apprentices, only then shall you know profit margins.

It might be a little sick but I think the reason the Oberth is beloved so much is because of their 'cursed' status among starfleet ship classes and propensity to explode. In fact, in this case... showing it exploding is probably more effective advertising.

To not show it exploding at lease once seemed like a crime against nature.

lmao