Lt. Commander
# 11
04-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLion54 View Post
It also allows the dramatic opening, like the dramatic sunglasses removal.
Does that mean I can use it to punctuate vaguely morbid, groan-inducing puns right before a classic rock queue?
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Thank you so much guys. I'll show this to him tomorrow. Not at all what I thought.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhighison View Post
Red cloth hides blood. Opening the jacket allows a strategically placed white area for the blood of your crew to be smeared, increasing the drama of all scenes thereafter.

Canon, sucka.
Let's not forget the blood of the enemy's crew either. Undiscovered Country had Bones practically swimming in Pepto Bismol
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer View Post
Far as I know there's no "in-story" reason. Perhaps the uniforms were warm and this helped them cool off. But in any case, it didn't signify anything like duty status or anything like that.
This was my belief as well. Opening the flap was the equivalent of a man in a suit loosening his tie and unbottoning his collar. It's been fun to read the reasons as posted by others in this thread though.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Quite simply.... the TWOK uniforms are what ancient British Navy Captain's prefered. A dark red top to hide blood if they are injured and dark pants in case they are out numbered :p
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-21-2011, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelkart.Marne
Does that mean I can use it to punctuate vaguely morbid, groan-inducing puns right before a classic rock queue?
Only if you want to inexplicably leave a hit televisions show for a movie career that never materializes and show up years later on a crappy spin-off to deliver those groan-inducing puns.

Or you can just flip open your tunic.

It's up to you, really. :p