Lt. Commander
# 11
04-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middlemore
I like my PvP channel with a healthy dose of occasional drama and trash talking, keeps it interesting. Wouldn't be PvP if it was eternally nice and polite. I met some of the people I like and respect most in STO by trading insults with them in OPvP.

Carebears feel free to GTFO, though.
nah, people really need to be civil and not *******s. got to deal with such in rl with work, family, school, people dont want jerks in a game. so play nice or go somewhere else, let it be known if im online and you even think about causing a ruckus in organizedpvp chat channel you will be insta muted. perhaps its time for more moderators? send a tell or mail to @tybushman @lintyuk if up to it :/
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-20-2011, 04:11 PM
The issue has always been too much moderation. I'm a moderate individual and don't get moderated. lol
However in the past friends of mine have been, muted more over disagreements then anything. Heck I was muted for being associated with at one point. Honestly OPvP needs NO moderation. Everyone has an ignore feature, if you don't like someones point of view, or if you just plain don't like said person use the IGNORE button. If they are using offense language and or things that would be considered Offensive in RL... then by all means report them to Cryptic and let them deal with it... then use your IGNORE feature.

In any event, Moderation in a PvP channel seems too me to be a very very bad idea.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-20-2011, 04:56 PM
I'm all for being civil, and I'll confess to getting carried away from time to time, but when any chat gets as uptight as these forums tend to be then it won't be worth it anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I'm all for being civil, and I'll confess to getting carried away from time to time, but when any chat gets as uptight as these forums tend to be then it won't be worth it anymore.
Ok steve your 5 minutes without duct tape is over. :p
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-21-2011, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
wont be tolerated in opvp channel. consider yourself warned
Woah there mini! There's obviously good and bad trashtalk. The line is when it gets abusive. Now that a certain couple members of the PvP community have left I don't see that happening nearly as often.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-21-2011, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Woah there mini! There's obviously good and bad trashtalk. The line is when it gets abusive. Now that a certain couple members of the PvP community have left I don't see that happening nearly as often.
right, being a cyberbully is still bad. lookit poor rebecca black and her "song". sure its horrible, and needs to been undone, but thats the song. she on the other hand probly doesnt need to be undone.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-21-2011, 05:39 AM
Quote:
The issue has always been too much moderation. I'm a moderate individual and don't get moderated. lol
However in the past friends of mine have been, muted more over disagreements then anything. Heck I was muted for being associated with at one point. Honestly OPvP needs NO moderation. Everyone has an ignore feature, if you don't like someones point of view, or if you just plain don't like said person use the IGNORE button. If they are using offense language and or things that would be considered Offensive in RL... then by all means report them to Cryptic and let them deal with it... then use your IGNORE feature.

In any event, Moderation in a PvP channel seems too me to be a very very bad idea.
Snitching is never good, you have a profanity filter, there is no need to report anyone for swearing, if you do your a child, the only ppl who should be reported are hacks, exploiters, and farmers
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-21-2011, 05:41 AM
I am also guilty of too much trash talking, which i have calmed down considerably i think, and the ppl who egg me on i have ignored..
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-22-2011, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
This. One must distinguish between expletive-ridden, bottom-feeder abuse (bad) and witty banter (good). OPvP is one of the best sources of witty banter in the game, long may it remain that way, without everyone having to be ridiculously over-concerned about walking on eggshells and offending other people's egos.