Lt. Commander
# 1 Cant launch sto
04-22-2011, 06:35 AM
I bought this game today, and after installing i tryed to launch it, i can wright my password and usernamne but after that it crash and i get a message that says "your cryptic application has crashed" and then the games shuts down.
Does anyone know what to do to fix it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-22-2011, 09:05 AM
post a dxdiag report of your system so we have something to look at.

also last few lines in the log files crash, error, shutdown and in the /live/logs folder a gameclient log if there is one.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Sounds like your computer may not be powerful enough to run the game. But doing what Pegasus suggested should let us know for sure.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Same Problem
04-22-2011, 04:20 PM
I have returned, I was a beta tester and stayed for the first month, but today thought, what the hell I will sign up for 3 months and see how its all improved.

Well Since I can't get the launcher to load the game and update without the same crash detailed above.

Enter user name and password.... then submit... crash the launcher, cryptic error report come up and does its thing.

I have attached my direct x , and I think the crash and shutdown logs.

If there is anything you can help with I will be very happy.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-22-2011, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastfifearabman View Post
I have returned, I was a beta tester and stayed for the first month, but today thought, what the hell I will sign up for 3 months and see how its all improved.

Well Since I can't get the launcher to load the game and update without the same crash detailed above.

Enter user name and password.... then submit... crash the launcher, cryptic error report come up and does its thing.

I have attached my direct x , and I think the crash and shutdown logs.

If there is anything you can help with I will be very happy.

Thanks

I have since dug deeper and seems to be the port 80 thing with teamviewer, disabling teamviewer allows the launcher to run and update. Possibly in the teamviewer settings you can allow port 80 for other apps, should work