Lt. Commander
Unholy Alliances II
The Holodeck Map
I have gotten a few reports that NPCs are spawning outside of the room. When I check their positions within Foundry, they are all inside the Holodeck room, and reasonably away from the back wall. Someone on SBUGC suggested that it could be an fx that is pushing the NPCs outside of the room. Either way, it seems like a bug to me. Please help. If anyone know which effects it could be, please let me know. Thank you for assistance in advance.

Soriedem
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-22-2011, 01:02 AM
I saw this happening with Currents Turned Awry last night, in a similar map. Before you enter the holodeck, borg would spawn in and both they and away team members would just blink out of visibility when they started fighting. I could still tab target through walls and find enemies, and my bridge officers seemed to keep fighting them just fine out there.

It really didn't seem to be any effect, proto drones would beam in next to me inside the room, and as soon as they attacked they'd just disappear, but I could tab target them behind the wall.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-22-2011, 10:22 AM
My "Eviction Notice" episode uses the Naussican Asteroid base from "War Is Good For Business".

I have most of the Enemy NPCs in the large cargo bay at the end of the map, when nearly defeated they apparently reappear in the hallway leading to it.

I wonder if they are related.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
I saw this happening with Currents Turned Awry last night, in a similar map. Before you enter the holodeck, borg would spawn in and both they and away team members would just blink out of visibility when they started fighting. I could still tab target through walls and find enemies, and my bridge officers seemed to keep fighting them just fine out there.

It really didn't seem to be any effect, proto drones would beam in next to me inside the room, and as soon as they attacked they'd just disappear, but I could tab target them behind the wall.
Interesting. As author of CTA, I keep trying to track this bug and it never happens when I do it. Although I did make pathing fixes to the mission not long ago, which you wouldn't see if it had been sitting in your log. Let me ask: when you arrived on Deck 11, was there a sliding door between you and the room with the holodeck arch?

This may be tied to the failsafe they have in place which tries to keep AI mobs from being boxed in by four walls and a ceiling.

I had some issues with it on early runs of CTA but, after the fixes I made this week, I haven't been able to replicate the issue.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-22-2011, 04:16 PM
When you say Holodeck, are you talking about the object that you can place on a map?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-22-2011, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
When you say Holodeck, are you talking about the object that you can place on a map?
yes, ma'am. I started with a clearing map, placed a few platforms and then the object on top of it. Everything spawns within the holodeck
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-22-2011, 04:20 PM
I suspect the problem is that the NPCs are spawning in before the Holodeck object, and thus are getting pushed out of it by its collision.

I'll add it to our database to investigate.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Quote:
I suspect the problem is that the NPCs are spawning in before the Holodeck object, and thus are getting pushed out of it by its collision.

Thank you very much
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-22-2011, 05:46 PM
Quote:

I can tell you from experience that isn't happening on my mission (mentioned in this thread) or shouldn't be, because while I use fade ins and outs, I never use a "solid" holodeck and the enemies all spawn after the building structures do in my mission, unless there's a Foundry bug spawning them early.