Lt. Commander
April 21 I decided to try some of the Foundry Missions, I figured I do "Investigate Officer Reports (Daily)".
This turned out to be the beginning of a very bad day of game play for me. The first mission I tried kept crashing my client, 4 times in total before the missions could be completed, plus durring the mission I had bridge officers missiong after a battle, he eventually turned up unconcious and on a different part of the map. Well I trudged through this with some frustration but I did eventually complete it. So after this I did a second mission this time I didn't get a single problem. But much to my dismay I tried to do the third mission to complete the daily. Again with a crashing client, after 3 attempt to complete the mission and having to start at the beggining of the ground portion of the mission I dropped the mission and took a different mission in order to complete the daily. This mission also crashed my client multiple times, and somehow a required item to complete the mission was just simply gone, so not being able to complete the mission and filled with quite a bit of frustration I dropped the mission and yes I took on yet another mission in order to complete the daily.
This mission was completed without a hitch and I was happy to finally after way to much time invested to have the daily completed. Now it was time to collect my reward, the ammount of disapointment I felt after investing so much time and dealing with so many client crashes was overwhelming, I get better drops durring a mission. In all I feel doing any more Foundry Missions is a waste of my time, to many bugs, client crashes, and loot unworthy of the time invested. Foundry is a nice Idea, but to me it clearly doesn't work.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-22-2011, 10:03 AM
Out of curiosity, when your client crashes, does the error mention something about a HOGG file?

What tended to cause this for me, especially when first using the Foundry, was that my client data had been corrupted.

The crash might be caused by a single object like a little potted plant in the game files or an overhead lamp; you'd ordinarily never notice this except on maps that use the specific items that are corrupted in your client. Some of the patches applied to the game didn't patch properly on my system. Bad RAM can cause this but it can also seem to come from problems with Cryptic's patching process. Repairing your client will not fix this.

My advice is: if you get a crash, particularly from Foundry missions (which tend to use obscure game assets), and the crash mentions a problem with a .HOGG file, you should delete that file after locating it on your hard drive and let the game patch that file back in. It's likely that your version of that file is corrupted and only by deleting it and patching it back in can the crash be addressed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-22-2011, 04:14 PM
There was a crash that some people experienced yesterday. It was fixed in the patch last night.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-22-2011, 04:43 PM
people i have been playing with still crash. they have been crashing at random in middle of missions. in between instances.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
There was a crash that some people experienced yesterday. It was fixed in the patch last night.
I was one of those that was crashing constantly only during ground Foundry missions...or should I say one mission in particular.....Resting Raptors. I would not crash in anthing else I did just the ground combat portion of that mission.

Today, I played a number of Foundry mission (not the one mentioned above) with some including ground combat and had NO PROBLEMS. So, either today's patch fixed that or I was just lucky today. If I get brave, I may try that mission I was crashing on Thursday to see how it goes.

Note: I was never getting a corrupt hogg file error message....just the error handler pop-up once bounced to desktop.