Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksterbro View Post
You'd need to farm red anomalies from Delta Volanis to craft schematics, and then purple anomalies from B'Tran Cluster (Vice Admiral) to get your rare Mk XI equipment and Aegis tech, then craft on Memory Alpha
Any kind of red and purple anomaly or do they have to be specific ones? And how many of them would I need?

I appreciate the help on this; I guess you could call me a "crafting virgin". LOL
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOSLover
Any kind of red and purple anomaly or do they have to be specific ones? And how many of them would I need?

I appreciate the help on this; I guess you could call me a "crafting virgin". LOL
Any of the 3 purple anomalies will do, for a full list of what you need, check out the R & D Progress in the drop down menu. to craft all the gear you'll probably need all of them, the gear itself costs a lot of anomalies, but if you scan for anomalies in the cluster and explore systems as well, you should have all you need in about 6 or 7 hours of playing

Oh, and I forgot that you'll also need the rare trace scans as well
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksterbro View Post
You'd need to farm red anomalies from Delta Volanis to craft schematics, and then purple anomalies from B'Tran Cluster (Vice Admiral) to get your rare Mk XI equipment and Aegis tech, then craft on Memory Alpha
I never noticed the anomalies having dıfferent colors...... I just scanned and hoped I got something good.

Congrats by the way on your achievment. I would also say spec for Tetryon weapons and quantums. Tets bring down shields pretty fast and the quantums tear up the hull. Of course this all depends on your play style too. You should have a couple of respec tokens by now so just play around wıth dıfferent set ups to fınd what you thınk works best for you.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strome
I never noticed the anomalies having dıfferent colors...... I just scanned and hoped I got something good.

Congrats by the way on your achievment. I would also say spec for Tetryon weapons and quantums. Tets bring down shields pretty fast and the quantums tear up the hull. Of course this all depends on your play style too. You should have a couple of respec tokens by now so just play around wıth dıfferent set ups to fınd what you thınk works best for you.
Thanks for the congrats and the advice! I switched out my Chroniton and Plasma Weapons for Tetryon and Quantum Weapons; I'm thinking of doing a full skills overhaul to everyone [not just my core character, but my BOs, too], so this is gonna take a while. LOL

Guess it was a good thing I got the Lifetime Sub, then! hehe :p
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-22-2011, 09:03 PM
Congrats on hittin' VA! Ya'll have a blast with the Exploration Retrofit in saucer sep mode. I love it on my Medic when coupled with Photonic Fleet.

T0 go along with crafting, if this hasn't been alread said, ya'll need to have a vertain skill level in R&D skills to craft upper level items, I think around 1400-1500 R&D process to craft Mk X, Mk XI, and the Aegis set. Each item ya craft will give ya a set number of points. Each schematic is 10 and the crafted items give different ammounts depending on what is being crafted. like 20 for uncommon Mk II and I think 30 for rare MK IV items (been a while sine I've looked at it).
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-22-2011, 09:13 PM
Welcome to the level cap!
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-23-2011, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOSLover
Thanks for the congrats and the advice! I switched out my Chroniton and Plasma Weapons for Tetryon and Quantum Weapons; I'm thinking of doing a full skills overhaul to everyone [not just my core character, but my BOs, too], so this is gonna take a while. LOL

Guess it was a good thing I got the Lifetime Sub, then! hehe :p
Oh yeah....it takes a LOT of planning and TIME! But it is worth it once you get everything how you want it. Chat with your fleet members about getting your BOFFs trained in any specials skills they might be able to train in that you want. Also search the forums about repec'n your main toon. There is a very good guide on here somewhere about where to put all your points for different builds etc.....
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-23-2011, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Zero
Congrats on hittin' VA! Ya'll have a blast with the Exploration Retrofit in saucer sep mode. I love it on my Medic when coupled with Photonic Fleet.

T0 go along with crafting, if this hasn't been alread said, ya'll need to have a vertain skill level in R&D skills to craft upper level items, I think around 1400-1500 R&D process to craft Mk X, Mk XI, and the Aegis set. Each item ya craft will give ya a set number of points. Each schematic is 10 and the crafted items give different ammounts depending on what is being crafted. like 20 for uncommon Mk II and I think 30 for rare MK IV items (been a while sine I've looked at it).
Thanks Captain_Zero, I had forgotten to add that