Lt. Commander
# 41
04-23-2011, 06:51 AM
I saw them pass by my college (Belfast Met) one day, as I figured they paid no attention whatsoever to us in the college, but we watched anyway as it was an excuse to not do things.

A few days later I saw a news story on BBC detailing the debate on whether Kate should have her hair up or down, seriously? You have nothing else to report on?

I quite literally don't give a flying <censored> about their marriage, especially since I saw a story on a medicine to cure tumors, (I'm amazed no-one so much raised an eyebrow when the girl being interviewed at Queen's University got breast and prostate cancer mixed up, so it came out as "prost and breastate cancer", I personally did this)

But yeah, I really don't care who marries who, I'm waiting for my day off.
Lt. Commander
# 42
04-23-2011, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork
Seriously, who gives a damn. The American News media certain would like you to think everyone is making a big deal over it but i have yet to met anyone in America who cares. Do the Brits even care?
I do And i am a Englishman its History things you can say you have seen or watched where were you when this happened or it happened on this day I for one am looking forward to it and so is my ittle girl who is 4 and will get to see a princess made for the first time in her life
Lt. Commander
# 43
04-23-2011, 10:27 AM
I'm an ex-pat Scotsman living in the US. I personally feel the royal's are anathema. The day I consider any other family in the world to be better than my own, is the day I eat my own poop!
Lt. Commander
# 44
04-23-2011, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonez View Post
I'm an ex-pat Scotsman living in the US. I personally feel the royal's are anathema. The day I consider any other family in the world to be better than my own, is the day I eat my own poop!
That is a really odd way of telling people you eat poop.
Lt. Commander
# 45
04-23-2011, 12:02 PM
If I was a supervillainess I would totally crash the wedding.

But since I am definitely not a supervilaliness, I will not be crashing the party. Nope. I am not arching Kate Middleton. Why would you even suggest I was.
Lt. Commander
# 46
04-23-2011, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post

But since I am definitely not a supervilaliness, I will not be crashing the party. Nope. I am not arching Kate Middleton. Why would you even suggest I was.
Ravenstein, I'm disappointed.

Your plans for world domination are clearly not important as you're missing some large events (with TV coverage!) which you could make a very good impact.
Lt. Commander
# 47
04-24-2011, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertwin View Post
To be fair I sort of feel the same way about 9/11. Yes it was a horrific tragedy, but there have been other terror attacks all over the world, and hardly anybody remembers those. The only reason 9/11 is even in the public conciousness is because it happened on American soil.

On Topic: who's getting married?
Whenever I see "9/11" anywhere the first thing I remember is 'Where's my Cheez TV!?'
Lt. Commander
# 48
04-24-2011, 01:59 AM
I'm English (living in Scotland now), and I really don't care about the Royal Wedding. He isn't even next in the line for the throne.

I wish them the best (as I would anyone), but I am really fed up of the media coverage.

Thanks for the extra day off work though!
Lt. Commander
# 49
04-24-2011, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post

Empress! the Kill bots are ready and the fear beast are all ravenous. all is as you ordered it, we strike on your command!

uh... I mean, of course you aren't.
Lt. Commander
# 50
04-24-2011, 03:37 AM
My mom's really excited for it. Probably because she really loved Princess Diana. Her DVR's going to be plugged up with wedding stuff. :p Which I'm going to have to watch with her...

As for me, I'm certainly not obsessed over it. I'm happy for the couple, and I'm going to watch the wedding(though probably not at 4AM) because I'll be spending more time with my mom, and I'm a bit curious as to how it'll all play out. But I don't plan to buy a William and Kate coffee mug, commemorative plate, or a refrigerator..