Lt. Commander
# 61
04-24-2011, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
This kinda does eliminate the viability of "click to exit" roleplay maps or "all the objectives are optional" maps, unfortunately. I was planning a very. very optional set of maps for the Klingons where you go through, behave like a Klingon, and complete it whenever you feel like.
The Foundry police (comprised, not surprisingly, entirely of a few over-zealous people from the playerbase) will never allow such a thing.
Lt. Commander
# 62
04-24-2011, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kefra View Post
The Foundry police (comprised, not surprisingly, entirely of a few over-zealous people from the playerbase) will never allow such a thing.
if only ppl could tend to their own missions and leave others alone....

the missions should reflect creativity of the creator and his ideas of the mission.
why some one would should butt in and police every single thing is beyond me.

my missions will never take more than 4-15 min TOPS to complete and anyone have a issue with that u can go poke a duck.

its my choice and my freedom untill cryptic tells me the laws have changed.

i have limited time when doing things.
and i know ppl that shares the same time.

AND for all you ppl who down rate missions based on their length u guys need to see through ur own souls.

Rateing should reflect the quality of the missions not THEIR TIME.

END of story from my side this topic is getting out of hand when ppl forceing the issue of length of missions.
Lt. Commander
# 63
04-24-2011, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
This kinda does eliminate the viability of "click to exit" roleplay maps or "all the objectives are optional" maps, unfortunately. I was planning a very. very optional set of maps for the Klingons where you go through, behave like a Klingon, and complete it whenever you feel like.
This is one thing that annoys me, too. Because it is exactly what we did with the foundry so far and out of it resulted some of the most amazing RP sessions ever. (Self-made court room, e.g.)... So while I withdraw and eventually delete these maps to make room for others some over-eager zealot could report them as an "exploit" now that we have the wrapper mission. And *zipp* there go my foundry creators rights, probably.

So the only way currently would be to cheat again by putting in some super-hard riddles as a kind of access code or annoy everyone by intentionally NOT mentioning the starting point e.g..

Instead of just putting my usual text like: This is just a RP map. It is a (bar, court room, etc). There is nothing happening here, it was just made for my RP fleet, thank you.

Personally I enjoy being honest about things more than to be forced to lie.

There will always be ways to exploit a system. That is why your virus scanners update so frequently. People who don't care about stories, but just quick XP will find these exploits.

There will also always be people that downrate missions for various reasons that we might consider fair or unfair. Live with it and find your own audience that enjoys the type of mission you write.

You are not exactly getting the key to the Borg's armoury handed over for completing foundry missions or showered in XP, so: Let people do what they want, as long as there is no exploitive grind mission that gives me hundreds of free XP.
Lt. Commander
# 64
04-24-2011, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
No thanks. I have no interest in being assigned to play someone's favorite three-hour epic Romulan Romance Saga.
Awwww.....

(I was trying to do this, but not 3 hours hehe)