Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
04-24-2011, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
then unless we know exactly what salami said then we have a conflict of information. and very much down to interpretation.
I just checked his tracker, and there is no such post since this issue was brought up around the middle of this month:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sea...nduser&u=65570

You only have to read his first page of posts which go back to 4/8 to see he never made that statement.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
04-24-2011, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I just checked his tracker, and there is no such post since this issue was brought up around the middle of this month:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sea...nduser&u=65570

You only have to read his first page of posts which go back to 4/8 to see he never made that statement.
i believe heez said 'in game', and not the forums so i assume he means on the TTS feed or something. which is pretty hard to tell what he meant unless he comes in here and clarifies.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
04-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
then unless we know exactly what salami said then we have a conflict of information. and very much down to interpretation. whishtone said they do not do anything in any form. sticking a 1000 mobs on a map (or over several) because of a limit, is in my view, designing a mission for exploitation. your doing so not because you want a story but because your trying to get an accolade as fast as you can.
Well, your view is not Cryptic's view. Next time you catch Salami in game, ask him yourself what types of missions they have a problem with and what types they don't.

Also, it's easy enough to simply see what they have a problem with and what they don't. Go to Foundry, open search, and put in "accolade." I get 10 missions in the current search results. These are the exact same 10 "accolade" missions that have been up in the list since day one when the Foundry came out. These missions were there when the grind purge and patch occurred last week. They have no doubt been reported thousands of times by the Foundry Cops. When Cryptic went through and removed the problematic missions, they left these, because they weren't a problem. They know these missions are there. All have the words "grind" or "accolade" in their names and descriptions. Cryptic doesn't care, because they aren't a problem. As Salami said, if you just want to go kill stuff, they don't have a problem with you going and killing stuff.

Anything else people are trying to extrapolate from this policy is just wishful thinking, and their attempt to impute their views to Cryptic, and to scare other players off from creating missions they don't personally approve of. If players want good missions, then they should spend more time making good missions and stop trying to convince people their personal preferences are company policy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
04-24-2011, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i believe heez said 'in game', and not the forums so i assume he means on the TTS feed or something. which is pretty hard to tell what he meant unless he comes in here and clarifies.
Yes, he said this in a conversation in TTS, a few days before the "fighter grind" nerf, in response to the question "Are you going to do something about grind missions." His response was that they don't have a problem with people actually fighting and killing 1,000 things, but they did have a problem with killing things by suiciding, and they were working on a way to fix it. Shortly after that, they found a way to fix it, put in the warp core breach patch, and deleted the fighter grinds that then existed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
04-24-2011, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
Your view is not Cryptic's view. Next time you catch Salami in game, ask him yourself what types of missions they have a problem with and what types they don't.
Sorry, but Wishstone specifically said to report grinding, and grinding is killing NPCs over and over back to back. If you disagree with that, then its not me you disagree with it is him.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
04-24-2011, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Sorry, but Wishstone specifically said to report grinding, and grinding is killing NPCs over and over back to back. If you disagree with that, then its not me you disagree with it is him.
Sorry, but you are wrong. You have misread what they said, and this is your policy, not theirs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
04-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
Your view is not Cryptic's view. Next time you catch Salami in game, ask him yourself what types of missions they have a problem with and what types they don't.

Also, it's easy enough to simply see what they have a problem with and what they don't. Go to Foundry, open search, and put in "accolade." I get 10 missions in the current search results. These are the exact same 10 "accolade" missions that have been up in the list since day one when the Foundry came out. These missions were there when the grind purge and patch occurred last week. They have no doubt been reported thousands of times by the Foundry Cops. When Cryptic went through and removed the problematic missions, they left these, because they weren't a problem. They know these missions are there. All have the words "grind" or "accolade" in their names and descriptions. Cryptic doesn't care, because they aren't a problem. As Salami said, if you just want to go kill stuff, they don't have a problem with you going and killing stuff.

Anything else is just your own wishful thinking, and your attempt to impute your views to Cryptic, and to scare other players off from creating missions you don't personally approve of. Just give it a rest. If you want good missions, go spend your time making good missions instead of trying to convince people your personal preferences are company policy.
im not trying to scare people, or put my views over as more important than cryptic. hey guess what, i actually dont have a problem with accolade hunting missions, my point is that my interpretation of cryptic's post says they they are the ones having a problem. that differs from your interpretation. thats fine. you wont here me telling you to be quiet because i disagree with you though.

all im doing is having a conversation on the forums. your view is not cryptic either. your just interpreting their comments in your own way as i am doing mine. until they clarify what is now a point of contention we wont know.

im sorry that you feel that because i disagree with you, that i should 'give it a rest' as you say. maybe the part where i clearly said 'in my view' or we should 'work on the side of caution' was too inflammatory for you.

and i have been spending time making good mission. go check the tracker, the highest rated english language mission is mine with over 2500 reviews and a 4.4 rating. thanks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
04-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
and i have been spending time making good mission. go check the tracker, the highest rated english language mission is mine with over 2500 reviews and a 4.4 rating. thanks.
Sorry, it probably seemed like some of my comments were directed at you; they weren't. They are a response to the consistent misinterpretation of Cryptic's policy that people seem to be still trying very hard to spread.

Like I said, if you want to see for yourself what missions are and are not a problem, it's very easy. Just go to Foundry and look at the ones that are advertised as accolade missions, have been there from the start, and were never touched when Cryptic addressed this problem. Also, talk to developers in game when they're on TTS. I'm sure they'll be happy to give you the same answers they've given before. The "accolade" missions that exist right now, today, in the Foundry listing are entirely consistent with everything Cryptic has said, and looking at those missions vs. the ones that were removed shows clearly where they have drawn the line.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
04-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Look acquiring Accolades is done in regular play. Missions that are exploiting the system will be reported and removed there is no cause to change the foundry setup. Removing drops from foundry is foolish as is turning off accolade accumulation. Just accept that part of the system is reporting mission that are an exploit. Thats why that button exists.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
04-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
Sorry, it probably seemed like some of my comments were directed at you; they weren't. They are a response to the consistent misinterpretation of Cryptic's policy that people seem to be still trying very hard to spread.

Like I said, if you want to see for yourself what missions are and are not a problem, it's very easy. Just go to Foundry and look at the ones that are advertised as accolade missions, have been there from the start, and were never touched when Cryptic addressed this problem. Also, talk to developers in game when they're on TTS. I'm sure they'll be happy to give you the same answers they've given before. The "accolade" missions that exist right now, today, in the Foundry listing are entirely consistent with everything Cryptic has said, and looking at those missions vs. the ones that were removed shows clearly where they have drawn the line.
apology accepted. when i can confirm that i will be happy to change my stance on the matter. i like to accolade hunt. i will be more than happy to play some mission if they are allowed. if salami's comments are accurate then whishtone's posts are misleading in my eyes, and needs clarification in writing on the forums.

until i have 100% confirmation i will consider any misison anywhere near accolade hunting to be dubious at best. i will be more than happy to be proven wrong.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:31 AM.