Lt. Commander
# 41
04-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
If you log into a mission and find out it is a "hidden grind", then report it. If the person has already been warned before, they will lose their ability to create missions. The solution to this problem isnt to change the rules, but to report the people doing it. Eventually those people wont be able to create missions anymore, and the problem will be solved.
this times a million,report it, let the system eliminate the garbage
Lt. Commander
# 42
04-24-2011, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
That is why there is a report button on the ratings window, find a hidden one, hit the report button.
I have not played many Foundry missions, so I may be wrong when I say this:

Couldn't the creator just not specify the location that the mission takes place in their description, so that people would not know that it really was a grind mission? It would basicly be the creater's own grind that no one can access...

and personaly I really could care less if about these grind missions, but I think that Foundry Author's should have the freedom to create whatever they want, crap or not.

I have created numerous missions without stories, and they consist of large numbers of ships concentrated in an area. Now this may seem like a grind but its not, its my personal fleet action.
I would not otherwise publish these missions because I would rather no one play them but myself, but you cannot play it yourself without publishing.
Lt. Commander
# 43
04-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Create what you want, but once you publish it it should be open to praise or scrutiny, and if needed reporting.

pubˇlish (pblsh)
v. pubˇlished, pubˇlishˇing, pubˇlishˇes
v.tr.
1. To prepare and issue (printed material) for public distribution or sale.
2. To bring to the public attention; announce. .
Lt. Commander
# 44
04-24-2011, 01:10 PM
I was shocked whe i discovered foundry missions gave out accolades, items, etc. I dont think they should give out anything, they are supposed to be unofficial player created stories and missions, more like halonovels.. if you get an item in the holodeck and step off that holodeck, the item will vanish.. grinding missions only screw up the rating system and make it harder to find the good missions.

Id also rather have cryptic dedicate their resources to game development, rather then babysitting, policing, and regulating the foundry..

- X -
Lt. Commander
# 45
04-24-2011, 01:48 PM
I really don't have a problem with Accolade Grinders (i might actually have a reason to play then)
Lt. Commander
# 46
04-24-2011, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xforce007 View Post
I was shocked whe i discovered foundry missions gave out accolades, items, etc. I dont think they should give out anything, they are supposed to be unofficial player created stories and missions, more like halonovels.. if you get an item in the holodeck and step off that holodeck, the item will vanish.. grinding missions only screw up the rating system and make it harder to find the good missions.

Id also rather have cryptic dedicate their resources to game development, rather then babysitting, policing, and regulating the foundry..

- X -
And this is exactly what will end up happening if there aren't enough people speaking up against the foundry in its current form. This NEEDS to be changed. The developers should change the way the foundry behaves. It shouldn't be an accolade grind or a XP grind.
Lt. Commander
# 47
04-24-2011, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I really don't have a problem with Accolade Grinders (i might actually have a reason to play then)
The question isnt whether we agree with it or not, but what the rules are.
Lt. Commander
# 48
04-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
Keep posting this all you want. And keep right on reporting those same 10 accolade missions. In fact, go report all of them again right now, if you haven't done it already today. They're still there, and they'll stay there, because Cryptic clearly doesn't consider them a problem, and they do not violate any policy Cryptic has announced on this point. You can go on insisting that your preference is their policy as much as you want, but it's still not going to be true.
Logic fail. Just because some grind missions are still in game doesnt mean Cryptic thinks they are fine, it simply means they havent gotten to them yet. There are alot of people who speed, but that doesnt mean its ok. If they continue to do it long enough, they will eventually get pulled over. And eventually people who publish grind missions will get either a warning or having their publishing abilities removed if they do not listen to the warning.

The simple fact is that Wishstone said to report any mission that has grinding. Your problem is you dont understand what the word grinding means. But most people who play games do, and they know it means killing dozens of NPCs over and over and over and over and over.
Lt. Commander
# 49
04-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Let's say someone creates a real story mission as intended by the Foundry purpose... but adds a easter egg room where you can grind if you want, or just ignore it... would that be still naughty?
Lt. Commander
# 50
04-24-2011, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doblinian View Post
Let's say someone creates a real story mission as intended by the Foundry purpose... but adds a easter egg room where you can grind if you want, or just ignore it... would that be still naughty?
Its hard to answer with such a vague question. What do you mean "easter egg room"? Anyway, I think Stormshade's comments explain it pretty well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormshade
Please report missions that you feel go against fair play by being centered on farming / grinding or similar with the report functions in game.
Is the "grinding" the focus of the mission, or just something a person can do if they want? Lets say, for example, that you made a map where you had to get from Point A on one end of the map to Point B on the other. And lets also assume that this map was not the only map in the mission, just one among several. Now lets say that there were dozens of enemies on that map, and the mission objective was to "try" to avoid getting caught.

As long as that was not the only map in the mission and all of the enemies were there for some reason related to the story, then that would not be a mission focused on grinding, even if it allowed people to do it if they wanted to.