Lt. Commander
So here we are a full year after the release of STO and I was talking with one of my friends who has a G15 keyboard and he was boasting about the compatibility with STO and I was thinking to myself that maybe Steelseries would have bothered themself to make a keyset for the Merc series right ? No, I updated the programs, went online to find one, nothing. So I simply wrote to Steelseries about making a keyset for STO since more than a few users are gaming with their keyboards... the answer was simply that they wont do it because they are focusing towards newer and future release...

OK Steelseries bought Zboard back in 2008 and STO came out in 2010 so whats up ? wasnt STO in the "Newer and furture release" games then ? The plain fact is they might have not given a damn then and think that there is no reason to make one. Ive decided to ask my fellow gamers to simply write back to this thread if you do have a merc or merc stealth Or any other Zboard that runs with the Zengine so that we can show them that its not for one or two gamers that im asking that but for quite a few.

Thank you for your time.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-24-2011, 09:51 AM
I have the Stealth, but I have been using the default since beta and it works just fine for me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-24-2011, 09:54 AM
I am fully behind you dude. I got a zboard set from ebay a couple months ago and i havent looked back since. Mine is the old ideazone version but it will still use any insert including the steelseries. I just got the one for starcraft 2. I use the first person shooter board for sto (unless im having to type in chat a lot). I have even submitted a question on the last round of ask cryptic about a sto insert but no reponse.

There is also a gamepad for the zboard called the fang. It was made by ideazone but not steelseries so its very rare. Only one is listed at the moment on ebay.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-24-2011, 10:35 AM
I have both the ZBoard and the Fang by Ideazon, both work well with STO. Making a profile for STO on the Zboard is easy.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-25-2011, 12:12 AM
yes I have the old Ideazone too, and it works well with the default setting as well, but whenever I do a custom mod for STO the Zengine stops and bugs so, it might be a problem with the Zengine itself OR a compatibility isue with the custom mod and STO, BTW one of my friend has a G15 keyboard and he has STO support so yeah Steelseries should get a move on and understand that its not just one gamer asking for a keyset.
Lieutenant
# 6
02-18-2014, 11:21 AM
Yeah, just picked up a Steelseries Merc Stealth myself, so still getting used to it.

I am surprised they don't have an STO layout. Any custom ones anyone knows of?
Captain
# 7
02-18-2014, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekazekami View Post
Yeah, just picked up a Steelseries Merc Stealth myself, so still getting used to it.

I am surprised they don't have an STO layout. Any custom ones anyone knows of?
The forum rule is to not post in any thread over 30 days old; just in case you forgot.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 8
02-18-2014, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
The forum rule is to not post in any thread over 30 days old; just in case you forgot.
I could be wrong, but I think this might be the record for necro-posting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwashington View Post
That's right it's going to be another K'vort thread!
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
02-19-2014, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwashington View Post
I could be wrong, but I think this might be the record for necro-posting.
Oh, you'd definitely be wrong. Zombies that have been in the ground and rotting since early 2010 get sent lurching across the forums with regularity.
Community Moderator
# 10
02-19-2014, 11:22 AM
I've closed threads from 2010 hehe so this isn't a record.

ANYWAYS -

Hey hey now!

BAD ZOMBIE BAD GO BACK TO THE GROUND!

Seriously folks, if a thread hasn't been responded too in 30 days please don't bring it back up If you feel you need to continue the thread by all means make a new one!

/Closed
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Closed Thread