Lt. Commander
# 41
04-25-2011, 10:31 AM
Definitely too much "win" in this thread to pick out all the good points.

I fully agree. Seeing a Borg Cube pop in should be a "oh ka-ka" moment....and you know you are in for a fight.
Seeing a Tactical Cube should trigger automatic response to call your entire fleet, your friend's fleet, and any other fleets you can.

5 ships on a Cube should be do-able, but better be 5 ships used to working together, and still be a battle.

TAC cube ? 5 would get slaughtered easily. I could see this requiring around 10 - 12 ships to have a reasonable chance.

You could run probes (same as now) Spheres (same as now) and maybe "combat spheres" as the progression on difficulty.
Lt. Commander
# 42
04-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RStoney View Post
Definitely too much "win" in this thread to pick out all the good points.
I concur. And how come just about every thread I find that looks interesting is one you end up having a post in? Are you stalking me... from the future?

Anyhow, I'm on board with most of the ideas presented here, even some of the proposed tweaks on Borg attack types. I'm not sure about a "special Borg energy type," but plasma really makes no sense. C'mon, plasma attacks set fire to things... who would want to assimilate a charred corpse or hunk of molten metal?

As far as what you run into, I think probes should be mixed in with various other assimilated ships. After all, they ARE probes, they're supposed to be out probing the universe. There's already an assimilated carrier ingame... why can't we have more assimilated big ships to fight? Granted, I'd like to see the stats on any assimilated battleship/carrier/dreadnought toned down a bit in comparison to Cure's carrier. Even random-looking generic but Borg'd Out "assimilated ships" would be cool to reflect them assimilating places we haven't even heard of.

Probes and other assimilated vessels should be the majority of what we find in standard episodes and DSEs. Spheres should receive a bump in threat level and replace Cubes where they are most often found now. Cubes should replace the presence of Tactical Cubes in STFs and be given a bump in destructive power (load the sucker up with Fire at Will and Spreads of those CPB torps that were proposed to make it better engage multiple ships).

The Tactical Cube should be the object of a really awesome Fleet Action. Kind of like Crystalline Entity, but... not borked. Make it a bigger, badder Cube. As Cubes can be made to launch Spheres (a la First Contact), I wouldn't even be opposed to seeing Tactical Cubes spawning probes and other smaller assimilated craft.
Lt. Commander
# 43
04-25-2011, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJabroni View Post
The Tactical Cube should be the object of a really awesome Fleet Action. Kind of like Crystalline Entity, but... not borked. Make it a bigger, badder Cube. As Cubes can be made to launch Spheres (a la First Contact), I wouldn't even be opposed to seeing Tactical Cubes spawning probes and other smaller assimilated craft.
Really like this idea...