Lt. Commander
# 11
04-25-2011, 01:17 PM
If you unintentionally break the rules, (which are pretty vague and numerous), why are you so bad?

That kind of stuff will kill the Foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennjahn View Post
No they are not, Wishstone directly said today

Mob heavy missions and click-and-wins are right out.

If you think a mission may violate those terms Don't Make It. Sure there's a 50% chance your mission might be flagged; but there is 100% chance it will not be flagged if you choose not to make it.
Hmm. Wishstone's post was vague, at best. He is basically saying, "report a mission if you think it's a violation and we'll take it from there."

So, what exactly is the criteria? Is there some sort of formula? For every X number of text you are allowed one mob encounter? For every non-combat objective completed, you are allowed one mob? Perhaps travel time should be incorporated... flying or running for 30 seconds = one mob? A load screen should definitely allow at least 3 encounters. Should we punish foundry authors who are bad writers? If the story is not up to snuff of some ambiguous standard but has "too many" mobs, delete it and revoke publishing rights?

Slope. Slippery.

However, it is Cryptic's game and if they want to use the "I know it when I see it" ruling, that's their right. I'm not sure there is any other practical way to enforce this policy, anyway. The best we can do, as players, is to gauge Cryptic's pattern of enforcement. To me, as I scroll through the mission list, accolade grinds seem untouched whereas exploit missions have clearly been removed.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Perhaps a system by which if it is considered against the rules, it is automatically unpublished and has a timer for being fixed or else it gets banned and you get an infraction point. After enough, you get perma-banned.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-25-2011, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorrowedTune
. To me, as I scroll through the mission list, accolade grinds seem untouched whereas exploit missions have clearly been removed.
And not everyone who runs a red light gets a ticket. The action is still a criminal one. Selective enforcement, does not mean negation of rule. The foundry mission your are referring to are merely illegal missions who's authors have not been caught and punished yet.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-25-2011, 01:49 PM
Before this degrades into to big an argument.

I think of the episodes "Justice" from TNG. (Season 1 is pretty bad, I know)
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
You mean we can't use Star Trek characters in the foundry in a Star Trek game? I'm greating a mission on DS9 and there is a cast for that series. I don't wanna just make up things as I go along!!!
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
LOL, you might want to check the first sticky.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=209216
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-25-2011, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
The policy of "If your concerned it might violate the EULA, don't make it" will kill the Foundry.

Thats why the Dev's need to be clearer.
They have been:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormshade
"Reference is ok, physical appearance is not ok,"
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...&postcount=112

Thats pretty clear, TBH.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
They have been:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...&postcount=112

Thats pretty clear, TBH.
So a quote about Canon characters is them being clear about grinding?
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-25-2011, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
So a quote about Canon characters is them being clear about grinding?
LOL sorry, I got my threads mixed up.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-25-2011, 03:13 PM
No worries, I was just like, what is the Nagus talking about?

(Runs down hall) Moogie!!!!!!!