Lt. Commander
# 11
04-25-2011, 06:54 PM
If you choose to play missions on the Foundry, you the player are under no obligation to report, rate, or otherwise provide any review. Any requirement to do otherwise would not be a wise move on the part of Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-25-2011, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
I donīt see any issue here. If there are no "evil" missions, noone can play them, which in turn prevents "evil" customers.
Thank you for agreeing with me
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-25-2011, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
If you choose to play missions on the Foundry, you the player are under no obligation to report, rate, or otherwise provide any review. Any requirement to do otherwise would not be a wise move on the part of Cryptic.
So what you're saying is that players have no obligation whatsoever to report violations, bugs, or other assorted game breaking nasties?
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-25-2011, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennjahn View Post
So what you're saying is that players have no obligation whatsoever to report violations, bugs, or other assorted game breaking nasties?
Obligation? Maybe. But requirement? No.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Obligation? Maybe. But requirement? No.
Exactly. I have reported dozens of bugs and violations here and there, but I don't do it 100% of the time because it's not my job to. I'm doing it because I want the game to get better, but that's my choice, and in my opinion should never be a requirement.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-26-2011, 12:40 AM
Quote:
You can report a mission for Eula violation rather than rate it. In the menu you have that choice. If you are worried, that you might accidentally star rate an abuse mission, your other option would be to stop reviewing missions.
I know how it works, but I've played some things that start terrible and end better. Dialogue in one mission had some very offputting lesser race, extermination stuff to it, if I had stopped there I would have been wrong because that wasn't where it was going. Outside forces were influencing things and the people under the extermination threat ended up being crucial to defeating the antagonist, which is why the outside force wanted them gone..... lot of other stuff but I prefer to finish a mission to see where it goes --if it works-- before rating/reporting it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-26-2011, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Thank you for agreeing with me
I don't think he was agreeing with you. Sounds more like what I said, mission not there, no one can play it.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-26-2011, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
You do have an obligation not to use an exploit again once you know it is an exploit. You find a duplication bug, you're not guilty of anything when you discover it, but if you start duping more of your things with it now you are. And that would be a report it just to protect yourself scenario. If someone else had already reported it and you had 'tested' the exploit a few times, when they go looking , they find you on the list of exploiters since you didn't report. Reuse is exploiting, discovery is not.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-26-2011, 01:03 AM
bleh called in sick to work, feeling lousy, can't get to sleep, Sleep is much better than the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-26-2011, 04:40 AM
I have to ask a question:

What if somebody doesn't recognize it as an exploit mission and plays it a couple times?

Should he be banned from the Foundry since records say he did?