Lt. Commander
# 1 Away team and Map Transitions
04-25-2011, 08:20 PM
The mission I am trying to make is meant to be a single player mission anyway, ya know like on the show when Riker or someone is stuck on a ship or the holodeck by them selves......hope that clears things up.....can ya help anyway? Also can anyone help me with going from one map, say the engineer map from one ship to another map that is supposed to be another deck, I want to block one door to make it like a turbo lift to take me to another map but I can't figure it out. If anyone can help me with these things that will be great!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-25-2011, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiluskalile
The mission I am trying to make is meant to be a single player mission anyway, ya know like on the show when Riker or someone is stuck on a ship or the holodeck by them selves......hope that clears things up.....can ya help anyway? Also can anyone help me with going from one map, say the engineer map from one ship to another map that is supposed to be another deck, I want to block one door to make it like a turbo lift to take me to another map but I can't figure it out. If anyone can help me with these things that will be great!
I'm not sure of the exact mechanics at play, but I've seen my BOs "teleport" from behind walls and other objects. I don't think there's any reliable way to make sure a player's BOs are prevented from being with the player.

There was a thread last week that discussed an idea involving separate rooms and triggers but it would require a very specific story situation to implement and could prove unreliable due to the "shoot through walls" bug.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-25-2011, 09:20 PM
The way i get my toon to be alone is take the spawn point and place it at the very edge of a corner and if placed in the right spot only you will show up. My story involves the captain having to search a ship to find out what happed to its crew. Something prevents the transpoerter from letting more than one beam down. My objectives take place on diffrent parts of the ship (Bridge, Crew Quarters, Captain's Ready Room) so i need a way to go to all of those places. Hope this clears things up.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-25-2011, 09:32 PM
The BOs are a nightmare. They will jump through invisible walls and everything else. If they spawn in the wall they'll teleport somewhere else. They designed the game so that you can't leave the BOs behind easily, and it causes problems even when you're not trying to do that. If you have the beam in be in a small area with mobs outside the door, you have to be careful that your BOs don't just beam in outside the door and trigger combat prematurely.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
The BOs are a nightmare. They will jump through invisible walls and everything else. If they spawn in the wall they'll teleport somewhere else. They designed the game so that you can't leave the BOs behind easily, and it causes problems even when you're not trying to do that. If you have the beam in be in a small area with mobs outside the door, you have to be careful that your BOs don't just beam in outside the door and trigger combat prematurely.
I think I got the BOs problem down, you gotta cheat a little. I am hoping they add an update for foundry where one man away is given as an option. I just wanna make a cool mission that is like my favorite epsiodes of Star Trek, that shuldnt be too hard right lol
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-25-2011, 11:32 PM
I hear you. I'd love the option of having no BO missions.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-25-2011, 11:50 PM
I know right, you just gotta cheat....but can you help me with using maptransitions, I wanna have the charecter go from the bridge to the other parts of the ship with using like doors as turbolifts ya know what i am talking about, just please help me if you can.