Lt. Commander
# 1 Scan / Shoot 5
04-26-2011, 04:53 AM
Scanning 5 things or shooting 5 enemies constitutes the majority of Cryptic's exploration content. Which are the best Foundry missions in this format?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-26-2011, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
Scanning 5 things or shooting 5 enemies constitutes the majority of Cryptic's exploration content. Which are the best Foundry missions in this format?
I haven't really come across any "5 and out" missions in the Foundry yet. I suppose it's possible someone could create one, without being able to search for number of mobs or objectives finding one would be a challenge.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-26-2011, 11:36 PM
Made a mission in this style that just happens to fit with the series I'm working on.

Name: P&P04pre: Zenik Defense
Objective: Destroy 6 groups of space mobs

Review in-game please; out of STO reviews are annoying

****MISSION WITHDRAWN****

Will make a set of three short exploration-style missions in Pi Canis soon.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-26-2011, 11:55 PM
I dunno, can there even be a best in this category? One gang of five on one map; what can you even do with that other than click "publish"?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-26-2011, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
I dunno, can there even be a best in this category? One gang of five on one map; what can you even do with that other than click "publish"?
Nav Beacons on each group of mobs and an NPC to talk to after the end of the mission in case anyone's interested in a teaser.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-26-2011, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureAlliance View Post
Nav Beacons on each group of mobs and an NPC to talk to after the end of the mission in case anyone's interested in a teaser.
I thought he was talking about a single group of five; you're right with multiple groups you can at least make them easy to find.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-27-2011, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureAlliance View Post
Made a mission in this style that just happens to fit with the series I'm working on.
Thank you. I really like this short and simple format.

I published a "scan 5" mission called "Traces". Location: Hotep system in Gamma Orionis.