Lt. Commander
ok i all yes i am new here so makes me a noob but in real life i am senor system engineer for the last 23 years my problom same as every ones client time out cant log in from last patch ok there is nothing wrong with my isp there nothing wrong with my pc after last patch it aftected some other browser problems t we wont go in to that now right get on with it andhttp://files.champions-online.com/nettest.exe does not work for me always timeing out there is very simple way to fix this but sto need to do it there end and no not using a hammer on there server

sto undo last patch please and re work the problem

you have a lot of customer screaming becouse we all paid and no game time i am one of them sto will need to do what i sugested since it was stable b4 last patch or even working to undo the last patch and sto you said 2 hours it was 12 hours it was working untill the next day for a silly 10mb patch that made problems

and since sto will not give extra days or time on account do what ccp did the people some gift to cool them donw and keep them happy ccp gave xp points to spend on there toon just a thought but a good one

ok all feed back time
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-24-2011, 04:24 AM
If nettest is not working then you have a problem as nettest has nothing to do with patches and is a different server than the game servers.

First would check firewall and antivirus as they will sometime reflag a program as new after a patch and will require reauthorization.

if using teamviewer shut it down as it will prevent the game from working

if using win7 or vista you need to be sure nettest, startrekonline.exe and gameclient.exe properties are set to run as admin
also besure IE browser is not set to work offline or have it's internet option, communitations tab, lan setting not set to use a proxy.
or that IE secruity is not set to high

also try to clear the IE cache and the dns cache (dns cache by entering ipconfig /flushdns
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-24-2011, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegasusMD
If nettest is not working then you have a problem as nettest has nothing to do with patches and is a different server than the game servers.

First would check firewall and antivirus as they will sometime reflag a program as new after a patch and will require reauthorization.

if using teamviewer shut it down as it will prevent the game from working

if using win7 or vista you need to be sure nettest, startrekonline.exe and gameclient.exe properties are set to run as admin
also besure IE browser is not set to work offline or have it's internet option, communitations tab, lan setting not set to use a proxy.
or that IE secruity is not set to high

also try to clear the IE cache and the dns cache (dns cache by entering ipconfig /flushdns
yes we know all this as you would see i am vet 23 years exp and we in the philippines and since netfix dont work for everyone would be better to use other tool in country that work ok and furth more why blame people pc when it was bad patch yes it happens to bed patch wrong but next time dont go accusing me might have to have the hamsters working harder next time
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-24-2011, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip61 View Post
ok i all yes i am new here so makes me a noob but in real life i am senor system engineer for the last 23 years my problom same as every ones client time out cant log in from last patch ok there is nothing wrong with my isp there nothing wrong with my pc after last patch it aftected some other browser problems t we wont go in to that now right get on with it andhttp://files.champions-online.com/nettest.exe does not work for me always timeing out there is very simple way to fix this but sto need to do it there end and no not using a hammer on there server

sto undo last patch please and re work the problem

you have a lot of customer screaming becouse we all paid and no game time i am one of them sto will need to do what i sugested since it was stable b4 last patch or even working to undo the last patch and sto you said 2 hours it was 12 hours it was working untill the next day for a silly 10mb patch that made problems

and since sto will not give extra days or time on account do what ccp did the people some gift to cool them donw and keep them happy ccp gave xp points to spend on there toon just a thought but a good one

ok all feed back time
ok people here we are the time i posted this they did somthing now if you have problems do this down new copy from there http://www.startrekonline.com/download and download the torrent if you do it that the better ok after that install and run you be prompt for new patch 1.9gig just under 2gig fast download as well and wow it works again this how happen with me from now so we leave this open so people can follow this
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-24-2011, 10:21 PM
i take it all back some hours latter after trying to conect again same problem again account server time out

what are you doing sto
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-26-2011, 09:56 AM
Since not all users experience this problem chances are it is something between your location and our servers. Have you run a tracert to patcherserver.crypticstudios.com? What steps have you taken so far to check where the problem could lie? Is there any data you collected you could share?