Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 1 Changes to the Bug Ticket system!
04-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Hello everyone!

We are about to make a few changes happen in the way our ticket system handled bug reports.

We have gotten feedback from users who enjoy being on the test servers of our games and tracking down bugs - and reporting them to us. The issue was raised that these bug reports very quickly clutter up the user’s ticket UI and if you submit a GM or Community ticket, you may have to search through many, many bug reports first to find what you’re looking for.

To address this the following change will be made:
Bug Tickets will now, like harassment reports, be filed so that they do not show up for you in your tickets anymore. They will still be filed and reported internally, but they will not spam your ticket UI anymore.

This change also means that you cannot hop back to check your tickets for submitted bug reports. If you wish to mention these on the forums for further referencing in the future, please note down the ticket number from your in-game chat window when you submit the report!

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-26-2011, 11:21 PM
Oh, I hoped we would get more feedback for bug tickets, not having them disappear. Though as long as that is not possible, this probably makes sense.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-27-2011, 01:04 AM
i would love to one day see a public "bug tracker" so i can see what bugs you are aware of and which ones are unkown... i allways have the feeling like i am the 500 person who writes about that one anomaly in that particular place beeing underground...

i think you should be less concerned about our cluttered UI but about the clutter that you recieve and have to work through.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Planet Nmae Stamp?? Please?
05-25-2011, 04:01 AM
I am presently planning to resume the Research for Count Quantities on the Anomalies in the Klingon Sectors, right now, changing the Focus to Planets. Most planets I have been on so far have shown that 4 to 6 Anomalies are present, when a Scan is done. When I do find one, that one found is taken off of my Count List, it shows from 6 to 5, or 4 to 3.

I have done several Grid Pattern Searches of some planets, and have not seen any sign of more than TWO anomalies on any of them.

Since the Klingon Planet Names are SSSOOO LLOONNGG!!!, (And, they are spelled out in Klingon, Not my First Language), it would be a wonderful thing to have the Bug Ticket that gets submitted in game "Stamped with the Name of the Planet", that the ticket was submitted from, rather than having to sit and Type Out the entire name of each planet that has this problem.

(Crosses Fingers, Toes, and Legs in hopes of getting a YES to this Request.)
Lt. Commander
# 5 Uhhh...
06-20-2011, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
i would love to one day see a public "bug tracker" so i can see what bugs you are aware of and which ones are unkown... i allways have the feeling like i am the 500 person who writes about that one anomaly in that particular place beeing underground...
I am much like you in that respect, but reports like that have to stay internal for an obvious reason... Exploitation runs rampant if you say to all the playerbase "Here they are, these are fixed, these are not".
I have been out of the STO loop since closed beta(at least up to about a month ago.), but this isn't my first time in an mmo, and beyond that I have been a Special kind of "uber QA Rep"... Top secret stuff.... lol

I know I removed it from the UI part from the quote, but please, dont underestimate UI... Not everyone can see well, hear well/ETC... I personally applaud Cryptic on their UI design, and can only think of a few things I would perhaps consider If I had applied for the UI Design lead way back when(IE: Saving configurations... Multiple Color configurations for color blind people, and I'd probably stylize it a bit more like a "modernized" streamlined LCARS... I could go on, I wont, not the thread for it... Actually, I'm not sure I should be saying anything here.. Oh well, that's what happens when I start talking in one incredibly long sentence, moving from topic to topic, so no one has the chance to interrupt me while I attempt to be quite hypnotic...).
Anyhow...
Hmm, OK I'll Shut up now.
(Just cant do it.)
PS, nice to meet a fellow hunter
Thanks for trying to make STO better!

Gah!
P.P.S.:
Oh, I do suppose you could try to get on at Cryptic though, not like you could not have that reporting you wanted if you were officially QA at Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-30-2011, 03:41 PM
Yes thank you.. But last time we had a GM help issue and tired the Server was down and it redirected us to Atari for GM support.

My Toon was trapped and no GM could be reached. That's the real confusion
What did the sale do to affect your position in helping us in a timely manner what's the chain of command... if the first line of helps unavailable beside a forum post?
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Could we also have a dedicated Dev to read the bug reports here on the Forums as well? With this new system sending our reports into an unknown void this would help keep us updated.

I've also posted bugs here with no reply from a Dev as to the status of it being a known issue or not. I was under the impression that the ticket system was broken as they only reply that cut/paste response. Rather pointless now as the system is being changed though.

A dedicated Dev to help pass along bug reports and help players would go a long way in customer support. It would improve player environment if they knew the Devs were aware of their issues. Even if no fix could be presented quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-29-2011, 10:38 AM
It is not a void, you sent them through a wormhole and only God knows where they end....
Lt. Commander
# 9 I find this current way to be...
08-31-2011, 02:12 AM
I find this current way to be shady.

Where you may think it is a good thing to remove the tickets from the customer ticket tool to "spare the customer the need to have a queue filled up". That in itself is a problem that needs to be addressed by the staff.

If they would not release the patches with a high number of obvious bugs to the main server, people would not need to report them.

I do not think it is being done to spare the customer. I think it is being done to hide the true count of the turn around time of these bugs being reported.

When a company is three levels removed from the customer it is doomed for failure. Also, it is kind of convenient to internally make all those bug reports go away when another company is looking to purchase your company.

You know, in real estate, it is a tell-tell sign an apartment complex is looking to sell when they make many cosmetic changes to the facility. Not that there are any sustenance to the improvements, but as long as it looks like it is being improved is the goal.

This all seems shady.
Lt. Commander
# 10 thanks for nothing.
09-24-2011, 02:04 AM
I, for one, expect things to function in the way they appear to. I know I've submitted probably about 10 tickets so far (and I haven't even been playing for a month yet!), and I shouldn't have to get on the forums to find out that "oh, we've disabled that feature without removing it from the UI." Horrible decision IMO.

If there's one thing I HATE about some MMOs, it's finding bugs and then feeling like I'm too far removed from the company to have any recourse. Please don't be that way.

If you need to hire someone to help with the bug load, you should do it. It will likely save you revenue that might otherwise be lost from those who get fed up with your system.
If you feel like the in-game ticket system has problems, then fix it! I'd be happy if it even worked the way it's already set up to.

I just decided to get on here after working on a sizable mission and coming close to the end of it but being thwarted by a bug that prevented completion. That kind of stuff just makes me mad.
Closed Thread