Lt. Commander
After a brief pause to integrate our new members, one of STO's preeminent RP fleets is recruiting again!

The Alpha Centauri Institute is a Starfleet organization dedicated to advanced scientific and engineering research, diplomacy, and, as needed, security.

Known as the ACI, the Institute was originally constituted as a private research organization. Over time, the membership roster swelled and the Institute's role expanded. It now is a leader among Starfleet organization in promoting friendship among the various races through shared technology use and research. In recent years, the mission statement of the ACI has expanded to included a large Diplomatic Corps as well as an extensive, and tested, group of tactical officers known as the Guard.

In its state today, the ACI is a Starfleet sanctioned Institute with members of hundreds of races across various cultural and political backgrounds. All of these beings are brought together by a common goal: the advancement of technology and the extension of peaceful cooperation throughout the quadrant.

Fleet Information:

The Alpha Centauri Institute is a Star Trek Online fleet of players who wish to bring a fun, yet structured and authentic, Star Trek role playing experience to its members and allies. Our fleet is friendly, mature, and respectful; we are a no-drama organization. The ACI is a selective organization looking for the best RP members of the STO community; players with a true sense of their characters' place in the Star Trek universe. Our members are active and dedicated. We cross multiple time-zones and you may find 4-5 online at any given time.

Our core philosophy is pure role-play within the Star Trek Online game. We have ongoing character storylines and plots that range from small development stories, to group actions and major plots that involve most of the fleet. ACI Episodes are member scripted and we welcome story ideas submitted to our Board of Directors. With the upcoming release of the Foundry, the ACI's role-playing commitment will grow and expand and so will the opportunities to explore your character's individual story.

We encourage, and conduct, Forum role-play as well; many of our more involved storylines include Forum elements to add spice and color to the in-game role-play experience. Additionally, many of our players engage in Forum role-play on their own with personal plots and stories that add to character development and Fleet coordination. Lastly, we also encourage on-the-fly role-play whenever players meet in game; several large story arcs have begun by players meeting on the fly Starbase 39 (our base of operations), Earth Space Dock, and Deep Space Nine.

We also maintain a Wiki site devoted to our Fleet. The site is a collaborative effort and allows each member to expand their characters' profiles and histories. It also allows the fleet to record the various NPCs and events that occur during our episodes, adding to the immersive quality of the fleet's RP experience.

Contact Information:

If you would like to know more about the Alpha Centauri Institute, you can find a great deal more about us, our fleet, and our mission at our website:

http://aci.guildportal.com

For a look at what our rules are that govern our role-play and conduct, be sure to read our Regulations page. For recruitment information, and what we require for potential applicants, be sure to read our Recruiting page. Lastly, to get an idea of how we role-play and our style and level of play, be sure to read our Forums - particularly our Ten Forward board, where all our Forum role-play is conducted.

In-game you can find members of the ACI on a regular basis at Starbase 39.

Additionally, if you have any questions at all, you can contact the ACI Director of Recuitment, Fleet Captain Telev at Telev@WereWolf359 or the Assistant Recruiting Officer Silveda at Silveda@Quarie by in game chat or mail. We will get back to you as soon as possible with answers to your questions.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-11-2011, 09:42 PM
***Begin Standard Priority Message***
TO: Office of Fleet Administration and Personnel
FROM: Telev, Captain, USS Rainier; Fleet Captain, Alpha Centauri Institute
RE: Personnel Requests

Though I am wary of transmitting amid a bombardment of incoming signals, I see no choice but to submit my update alongside the useless chatter that consumes this channel. As I do, I take note of the transmissions on seemingly endless loop from other organizations and vow to avoid that annoyance with respect to the ACI. But please don't think that is for your benefit, as I cannot imagine why you would spend so much time repeatedly looking at the same messages over and over again when you should be taking note of more original thinking.

Putting aside the enormous flaws in your administrative procedures, it is my duty to inform you that the ACI's open recruitment period continues for a limited time. Only officers of the highest quality and character need apply, though I might consider something less than perfection in our medical field as that division has already become a haven for quacks and snake-oil salesmen and I cannot imagine it getting any worse. Diplomats are especially needed in our ranks as well. Perhaps we might even find one with enough verbal skill to keep me entertained briefly, but I doubt it.

Should any such officers come to your attention, you will no doubt forget to mention our Institute. It is due to this unfortunate bureaucratic tendency that I am forced to transmit on this channel.

~~Telev (signed)
***Transmission Ends***
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-27-2011, 07:00 PM
***Begin Standard Priority Message***
TO: Office of Fleet Administration and Personnel
FROM: Telev, Captain, USS Rainier; Fleet Captain, Alpha Centauri Institute
RE: Personnel Requests

I am astonished at the quality of applicants that have slipped through the standard recruitment process. I hardly thought there were so many officers capable of sifting through the morass of mediocre organizations while, at the same time, zeroing in on fleets with the merit of the ACI.

The repetitive transmissions from certain organizations, aside from appealing to the common denominator, do not seem to further Starfleet's stated goal of attracting the best and brightest. I should not be surprised by this, but I am disappointed. I do, however, vow to better that performance with respect to the ACI.

Putting aside these egregious errors in your subsidization of the recruiting process, it is my duty to inform you that the ACI's open recruitment period continues for a limited time. Only officers of the highest quality and character need apply, though I might consider something less than perfection in our medical field as that division has already become a refuge for charlatans and I cannot imagine a world in which its standards decrease. Diplomats are especially needed in our ranks as well. Perhaps we might even find one with enough verbal skill to keep me entertained briefly, but I doubt it.

Should any such officers come to your attention, you will no doubt forget to mention our Institute. It is due to this unfortunate bureaucratic tendency that I am forced, once more and to my everlasting chagrin, to transmit on this channel.

~~Telev (signed)
***Transmission Ends***