Lt. Commander
# 91
04-29-2011, 10:51 AM
so they forgot to add Q's Ego?
Lt. Commander
# 92
04-29-2011, 10:51 AM
Okay, the servers are back up. Can we be done being outraged over this now?
Lt. Commander
# 93
04-29-2011, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samure
so they forgot to add Q's Ego?
That would have been a much larger patch.
Lt. Commander
# 94
04-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Hunter 9
I don't understand these two examples, both serve a purpose and work fine. The only unfinished thing related to either would be the latinum store and the chance for nice consumables.
The particle trace game is definitely messed up. Frequently succeeding yields only one data for example, when the point of succeeding at the game is supposed to reward additional rewards.

Also, Vertiron particles are the most rare particles while also being the most useful. I've personally never scanned one myself, despite having in excess of 100 in my bank apart from the ones I've used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt-vegetable View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
Why does someone making a post have to be angry? I haven't been truly angry in a very long time, because I haven't had anything worth being angry over. After you get crippled by someone who couldn't be bothered to follow the road rules, at 11 years old, you tend to find most things not worth being actually angry over.

Especially with text, but even in other forms of communication, one should never assume anger (or any other emotion) is there without anything to base that assumption upon.
Lt. Commander
# 95
04-29-2011, 10:55 AM
ok if The STO live servers go down. i will still be able to feed my family with no issues. i hope you get the diference.

10 min warning for a game server. fine with me.
Lt. Commander
# 96
04-29-2011, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWyndre
Klingon faction, particle trace mini-game, dabo mini-game, PvP, so on and so forth. STO is a monument to half finished ideas. Before you all continue stringing me up, you should realize I really enjoy STO ... which is why I harp on the devs to actually finish the things they start.

It's really frustrating to see fantastic potential but a development team who has ADD and cannot seem to stay focused and finish things.
ADD = Advanced Developer Dichotomy...

This particularly rare disease is brought on by spending way too much time reading one's own forums and then taking them to heart...

The only known cure is to clutch a WishStone very tightly against ones body and count backward from 100...

...at which point you will either be cured or hopelessly infatuated with lumps of hard particulate matter.

Lt. Commander
# 97
04-29-2011, 10:57 AM
Its ok people....the server is back up! The world can continue now.
Lt. Commander
# 98
04-29-2011, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srafa View Post
ok if The STO live servers go down. i will still be able to feed my family with no issues. i hope you get the diference.

10 min warning for a game server. fine with me.
Aye, I had work to do anyway so it did not in the least bit impact me other than I had to come look at the forums when I tried to log in at quarter past the hour. But that doesn't mean that I don't see how some folks could be bothered by it ... and I'm always advocating that mmo developers be more open with their customers about what goes on and why.

It's one of the things I've really respected about CCP ... at least some of the time they provide phenomenal levels of detail and explanation for what goes on with their game. Not always ... but frequently enough that it stands out to me, and I don't play EvE regularly.
Lt. Commander
# 99
04-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Q got in Late, and they had to Drop Shields to get him on board........
Lt. Commander
# 100
04-29-2011, 11:05 AM
Grrrr... its the principle of it, people.

No it didn't really inconvenience me too much either. I'll have to start Minefield again, but its a cool mission so I'll probably enjoy it, AND yes I know its not like I've lost a limb or anything.

The point is, we ought to be able to expect a certain quality of service. Its not good to just go turning the servers on and off whenever they feel like it.

What if they'd put some crazy new patch in and it didn't work, bringing the server down for a lot longer? What if you'd organised a huge event with your fleet, and ended up losing everyone cos they just decided to do something else instead? What if you work for a living and only get to play for an hour a day anyway?
Closed Thread