Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
11-15-2010, 11:46 AM
I have only encountered these in a few CnH and the only problem I have is unless you are looking for them and see them fire you are not locking target. In 1 V 1 maybe. In a full on CnH not so much especially the torpedo builds especially when deployables do a good job of obscuring uncloaked targets they do an even better job on this type of ship. Is there a way to balance it don't know and until deployables are more easily managed in a CnH with 3-5 carriers I don't care. I have seen the tricobalt crits that Minimax has posted in the OrganizedPvP channel and the fact that he has hardly been beat in a 1 v 1 in a tricobalt build with one DBB is a bit disturbing whether its against klingons or feds.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-16-2010, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb74
Nooooooooooooooooo

Not the dread Shields and Hull argument.

Your sooo right, your Shields and Hull make you soooooooooo weak Crytic should give you even more stuff. How about a gensis torpedo? or perhaps a pet Crystaline entity? ooh ooh I know, how about a voyager I win button. (eject warp core, blow everything up and then convientely find a travelling vender who just happens to have a spare warp core)
Hull and Shields are not meaningless. Powers reign supreme to a certain extent, but if you hit a Bird of PRey with a Tri-Cobalt or a High Yield Quantum Torpedo, all the healing powers in the world can't avoid him taking that damage. He has to take it and hope it doesn't blow him up. If it doesn't, he can heal it away (or have it healed away). That's why "spikes" are so important - deal damage faster then it can be healed.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-17-2010, 09:08 AM
at the moment the ship is rubbish, i had a kvk we had 5 regular bops vs x2 cruisers, x2 carriers and one b'rel, they lost 15-1, honestly have whatever ships you want, have the battle cloak and adv battle cloak, have carriers I promise you that you wont become better players with them, but at least you will have nothing to cry about.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-19-2010, 08:40 AM
In pvp The B'rel retrofit is not going to make you very popular with your teams in many matches as you will be the weakest and therfore first to be picked off by feds.....again and again and again. and once again most of it comes back to the "enhanced cloak" with is flat out a liability for a BOP as currently interpeted.

Flying such a "fragile" tier five with this "enhanced" cloak in PVP is tanamount to giving away the win for some matches. It might do well in capture and hold....staying constantly cloaked and just taking torpedo shots and laying mines.....but thats about it. Now if you for a huge fleet....*shrugs*....maybe you could use three of them to dump the mines, torps.....but a better approaced would be to do a carrier which can put a lot more targets in the air as "target clutter".

In the end if the B'rel is to be used for pvp somethings got to be done.....or give up and go to the BOP heavy raider.

If you look at the B'rel retrofit in cannon there were two to three seconds you were literaly "laid wide open"....but at the end of Five more seconds you were either fully cloaked or out of cloak. Total time ...eight seconds...not thirteen second that I'm experiancing.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-19-2010, 09:44 AM
Crank up your Aux.

Bring a sci ship.

Have a Nebula use it's detection grid.

Be ready to target and fire, backing it up with things like tractor beams, photonic shockwave, charged particle burst, gravity well, and eject warp plasma.

The B'rel is no more than an annoyance in PvP. I would much rather face it than a normal T5 Bird of Prey.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-29-2011, 10:17 PM
dose anyone know if the have fixed the bug with the B'rel Bird-of-Prey Retrofit
shields yet
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-30-2011, 04:34 PM
Burying in the backyard. Please start a new thread if needed.
Closed Thread