Lt. Commander
# 1 Cure annoying!
04-29-2011, 08:22 PM
Seriously getting to be a pain in the neck. I'm suspect I don't have the best weapons out there but this mission is the only one that has done my head in. Had way too many quitters, just got annoying after a while.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-29-2011, 11:21 PM
Doesn't matter, I joined a fleet and got it done.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-30-2011, 05:52 AM
Now you know. STF are not design for PUG. And it probably felt easy doing it with a Fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-01-2011, 04:54 AM
yup, and the Cure is not about how good gear you got. It's all teamwork
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Cure can be PUG'd, but you want to make sure your PUG has:

a) someone who has both run it before and knows what they're doing
b) a team who are willing to listen to orders
c) a team who are aware that it may take a while, especially if people go off and try to do their own thing

I've been in (and run) PUG groups that have gone through Cure at a reasonable speed (~100 mins) and I've been in PUG groups that have fallen apart after 4 hours and still haven't got past the third or even second shield generator.

The second shield generator (the first one with borg workers) is a good indicator of your PUGs liklihood of success. If the group manages to overcome it nice and quick with a minimum of fuss then you are in a good PUG that will probably succeed. If the group stalls on the second shield generator for half an hour then don't expect to finish - because if they struggle with the 2nd generator then they'll definitely fail the third.