Lt. Commander
# 11
04-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduckie
have you ever made maps in other games? ue for e.g?
I made a few missions in City of Heroes, but I'm not sure what other games have to do with STO right now. Do they have better ways of doing things? Are their maps actually legible?

I'm concerned about actual items and their bounding boxes, if that's what's being talked about. I'm talking about the fact that the maps themselves do not help people, since you can't tell what's what.

Plus they look terrible in game. Have you zoomed in on a map when your ship is in the middle of an asteroid field? A giant blue pixelated mess.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-26-2011, 02:25 PM
This is part of a general lack of map quality: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=212945
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-30-2011, 11:31 AM
This would be so much easier if we could build the maps like in garry's mod, but the half-life engine is responsible for that. This engine will probably never have that capability.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Look at the minimap of the last Breen Episode. It has a MUCH better quality than almost all maps in the game. Here is a small image, but even there you can see the difference. I wonder why not all maps have this quality.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiuz
Look at the minimap of the last Breen Episode. It has a MUCH better quality than almost all maps in the game. Here is a small image, but even there you can see the difference. I wonder why not all maps have this quality.
That is a great example of the way things should be.

Won't help when placing things under the trees, since they block the map, but definitely a good start.