Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Tactical Team Leader
05-02-2011, 08:30 AM
I bugged this issue in-game, but there is no in-game evidence that I did so. When I clicked submit, a ticket number flashed on the screen but ticket information was not logged or at the very least does not show up anywhere in my list of tickets.

Anyway, to the issues at hand:

1) Putting points into Tactical Team Leader (TTL) does not improve my Boff's Tactical Team (TT) skill. I specifically checked TT's stats before and after I put my first point into TTL so that I know how much TT was improved. Again, there was no improvement so I did not put further points into TTL.

2) After #1 occurred, from the Skill dropdown on the Skill tab I specifically selected my Boff's TT skill to know what 3 captain skills would improve TT. None of the captain skills on the Skill tab highlight in yellow when TT is selected.

A couple of my friends tested this as well as the Science Team Leader/Science Team and Engineering Team Leader/Engineeing Team skills while I was submitting the bug report in-game. They found TTL/TT to be broken while STL/ST and ETL/ET worked. In other words, points into STL/ETL improves the Boff's ST/ET skill and selecting the Boff's ST/ET skill on the skill tab, the captains skills that improve the ST/ET skill are highlighted in yellow.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-02-2011, 08:39 AM
You are correct; it does nothing for Tac Team that anyone can detect. The main reason people run Tac Team anyway is for the shield distribution and tac debuff cleanse, and neither are affected by points in this. Nominally all the team leader skill are supposed to boost the tier 1 ground skills of your BOFFs of the same class, but I'm not sure anyone has ever confirmed that they actually do that either. As far as I know, tac team leader is a complete wasted of points and doesn't boost anything that anyone cares about, similar to Subsystem Repair in the engineering tree.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
You are correct; it does nothing for Tac Team that anyone can detect. The main reason people run Tac Team anyway is for the shield distribution and tac debuff cleanse, and neither are affected by points in this. Nominally all the team leader skill are supposed to boost the tier 1 ground skills of your BOFFs of the same class, but I'm not sure anyone has ever confirmed that they actually do that either. As far as I know, tac team leader is a complete wasted of points and doesn't boost anything that anyone cares about, similar to Subsystem Repair in the engineering tree.
I have always viewed TTL to be a worthless skill, largely because TT was always a worthless skill. However, TT was improved so I thought I would try it out. After trying TT out, I decided to check out how much TTL would improve TT, as TTL specifically states in its skill description that it improves TT. Also, as the other Leader skills state they improve their corresponding Team skill, and the UI does indicate the Leader skill does in fact improve the corresponding Team -- the Leader skill is one of the three skills highlighted in yellow when the corresponding Team skill is chosen from the skill dropdown -- I'm confused as to why points in TTL do not affect TT or why TT is not also improved by points in two other captain skills.

Sci Team and Eng Team are both improved by their Leader plus two additional captain skills. TT should have the same improvement process.