Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
So I'm a lifetime subscriber to both STO and Champions Online, which means that every month I get a 400 atari token stipend from CO.

I was under the impression that the points in STO and CO were both changed to Atari Tokens so that cryptic account holders could spend their points across both games without having to buy two different pools of them. So right now I have 1700 atari tokens according to CO, but only 100 according to STO.

Is this supposed to be correct, or am I misunderstanding the purpose/function of Atari tokens?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-30-2011, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber482 View Post
So I'm a lifetime subscriber to both STO and Champions Online, which means that every month I get a 400 atari token stipend from CO.

I was under the impression that the points in STO and CO were both changed to Atari Tokens so that cryptic account holders could spend their points across both games without having to buy two different pools of them. So right now I have 1700 atari tokens according to CO, but only 100 according to STO.

Is this supposed to be correct, or am I misunderstanding the purpose/function of Atari tokens?
Maybe the stipend ones are "special?" I know that when I started a CO account last week and decided I wanted the Halloween costume pieces I was able to use Atari points that I had bought on STO to get the Halloween pieces on CO with no problem.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-30-2011, 06:19 AM
Atari Tokens that aren't paid for (i.e. Stipends or community prizes) can only be used in the game they apply to.

So the 400 token CO stipend can't be used in STO; and the prizes the STO community team occasionally give out on Twitter can't be used in CO.

Of course, there's no way of specifying which tokens are used when you make a purchase; but it's assumed that the game-specific tokens are used first before any global ones.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-30-2011, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
Atari Tokens that aren't paid for (i.e. Stipends or community prizes) can only be used in the game they apply to.

So the 400 token CO stipend can't be used in STO; and the prizes the STO community team occasionally give out on Twitter can't be used in CO.

Of course, there's no way of specifying which tokens are used when you make a purchase; but it's assumed that the game-specific tokens are used first before any global ones.
I hope it's that way. Freebie points should get spent first in the game they apply to.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-30-2011, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
I hope it's that way. Freebie points should get spent first in the game they apply to.
This is correct (I have accounts for both games).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
05-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Aye, the stipend points will show up on the CO-side only, but any purchased points can be used for any game. So with your 1700, you have 4 months of CO stipends (1600) and 100 points you must've bought sometime earlier.

BTW, Hiya Bomber! Good to see you around these parts again!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
05-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber482 View Post
So I'm a lifetime subscriber to both STO and Champions Online, which means that every month I get a 400 atari token stipend from CO.

I was under the impression that the points in STO and CO were both changed to Atari Tokens so that cryptic account holders could spend their points across both games without having to buy two different pools of them. So right now I have 1700 atari tokens according to CO, but only 100 according to STO.

Is this supposed to be correct, or am I misunderstanding the purpose/function of Atari tokens?
It was stated specifically 9and still in on the CO website) that the CO 400 point stipened (be it monthly subscriber or LTS) was for Champions Online only (here's the CO Features matrix (link) - and at the boottoom where it says stipend - if you mouse over the [?] it reads:

Quote:
Gold:
Gold Members receive a monthly stipend of 400 Atari Tokens to supplement their gameplay.

Note: Atari Tokens granted via stipend can only be used in Champions Online.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
05-02-2011, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
I hope it's that way. Freebie points should get spent first in the game they apply to.
They do. I had STO Freebie points left over from when I bought the game. These points only showed up on the STO website or in-game. Yesterday I bought and spent Atari tokens that exceed the freebie amount I had left over. Now, no matter where I log in, STO website, STO game, atari.com, my available balance is the same everywhere, instead being xx in STO and zero on atari.com.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:35 AM.