Lt. Commander
# 21 Some VoiceAttack commands
07-22-2010, 09:34 AM
I downloaded VoiceAttack and absolutely LOVE it! Here are a few of the commands I came up with to give it more of a "Star Trek" feel for my game:

"Ahead full" - increase engine speed to 100%
"Ahead one-half" - Increase engine speed to 50% from dead stop
"Increase speed" - increase speed by 25%
"Reduce speed" - decrease speed by 25%
"All stop" - reduce engine speed to 0%
"Open a channel" - activate chat window
"Hail Starfleet Command" - activates Remote Contacts (requires setting keybind in Options)
"Fire (1-4)" - launches individual torpedoes/mines in slots 1-4
"Target" - targets enemy (Tab key)
"Scan the area" - sensor scan/tricorder (V)

I've been having a problem trying to use the Shift key in combination with another key, so my alternative was to remap some of those keybinds. Now I feel like I'm really in command when my ship and officers follow my orders!
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-27-2010, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KolinahrDisciple
I downloaded VoiceAttack and absolutely LOVE it! Here are a few of the commands I came up with to give it more of a "Star Trek" feel for my game:

"Ahead full" - increase engine speed to 100%
"Ahead one-half" - Increase engine speed to 50% from dead stop
"Increase speed" - increase speed by 25%
"Reduce speed" - decrease speed by 25%
"All stop" - reduce engine speed to 0%
"Open a channel" - activate chat window
"Hail Starfleet Command" - activates Remote Contacts (requires setting keybind in Options)
"Fire (1-4)" - launches individual torpedoes/mines in slots 1-4
"Target" - targets enemy (Tab key)
"Scan the area" - sensor scan/tricorder (V)

I've been having a problem trying to use the Shift key in combination with another key, so my alternative was to remap some of those keybinds. Now I feel like I'm really in command when my ship and officers follow my orders!
Could you list what the actual commands it sends to the keyboard please ? as I'd love to see if your doing yours different to me. Cheers.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-03-2011, 04:28 PM
I apologise for the necro, but I wanted to make sure this software is still going before I put my paypal info in. The website for VoiceAttack is borked; it cuts off every page and shows no vertical scrollbar, both in latest firefox and IE7, and you can't post to their GoogleGroup forums(or at least, I was not able to). Has it been abandoned?