Lt. Commander
# 11
05-04-2011, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Richardson View Post
Exactly. It'd be a perfect way to score cheap brownie points. I mean, it's the most expensive Fed ship in the game, and it has ~NO~ customization
Well, at least t hen it's just like the most expensive KDF vessel in the game, that also has no custimization. (In fact, I think the Galaxy-X has custimization- not in hull components, but at least you get different skins and patterns...)
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-04-2011, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Well, at least t hen it's just like the most expensive KDF vessel in the game, that also has no customization. (In fact, I think the Galaxy-X has customization- not in hull components, but at least you get different skins and patterns...)
True, the Siege Destroyer needs customization as well, but that's going to take a while longer, as it doesn't have a nearly complete variant ready to slap in. Plus, it's nausican, so... I'm not really certain ~HOW~ to produce a variant for it.

I'm proposing the Monarch-X because 80-90% of the work for it is already done, with only importing the lance model, finding someplace to emplace the cannon turrets, and a new central nacelle strut w/advanced impulse engines to install.

I've got a ~MAJOR~ way to revamp, rebalance and upgrade both ships to make them more worth their money, but that's a separate thread's topic.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-04-2011, 06:42 AM
This has been asked for sense the Monarch (then the Celestial) came into play.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Looking at the in game models, IIRC...

The Nacelles from the Monarch, Envoy, or Celestial should easily be adaptable to the Galaxy X as all can be attached to Standard Galaxy Warp Pylons... and should be easy to plug in place of the 3rd nacelle as well...

possibly the Warp pylons from all of the above may be easily adaptable too due to the afore mentioned swapability of the nacelles and ability to attach to the standard galaxy engineering hull...(just leave the fins off the variant pylons if need be)

The engineering Hulls might require some work, but since the "spine" of the "neck" on the T4 explorers varies in visibility depending on the hull selected, just treat the center pylon/spine assembly the same way and let it stick up through and "wrap" the engineering hull around it...

The Saucers, Necks, and Center pylons would need some adapting/remodeling...

So...

Why not give us the parts that fit for now?
or at least the nacelles?
- and give us the rest in an update down the road after they've had time to convert them...

I'd be happy with other nacelle, pylon and hull options, with a standard galaxy x saucer, center pylon, and neck for the time being... if I could at least swap the nacelles, and hopefully the warp pylons or engineering hull

on a related topic I'd like to see the ability to attach a mission pod (nebula or monarch) to the center pylon in lieu of a 3rd nacelle, or to remove the center nacelle&upper pylon(not the spine) purely for aesthetics...
but that could definitely wait in lieu of the ability to swap engines or other components...
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-04-2011, 11:08 PM
Why was this moved to the C-Store? At no point do I suggest that this be required to cost C-store points, and this is something that should be an inherent property of the class! Put it back!
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-05-2011, 12:33 PM
i would imagine that since its related to a cstore item it got moved.