Lt. Commander
# 11
05-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altexist View Post
It would be in Cryptic’s best interest to add a display field that automatically shows a mission starting door sooner rather than later. Not only are “Hidden” mission are great place to hide any found exploits for personal use in the foundry system they can be used to hide non family oriented material (erotica or slash fiction stories.)

I think it would be a real problem for Cryptic, if a underage kid playing the game stumbled on a “private” erotica foundry mission. From my understanding, Cryptic did not give us the option to make Fleet Only or Buddy List Only missions to prevent these kind of potential serious abuses of the foundry.
And this my friend is my entire point, the foundry in its current form is too easily exploited. This seriously needs to be addressed.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Hiding mission doors is an exploit for the reason it is used to intentionally prevent content from being accessed by all players and keep content from being reported for in-appropriate content... These Missions will be reported and any authors that persist in the practice of hiding mission doors could find themselves losing publishing privileges.

Those that think they can continue this practice and thumb their noses at the warnings being given and reasons for the policy should re-think their positions on the practice of hiding mission doors.

Foundry missions are not the property of the Author... Period... They are not yours to say who can play them and who can't and there is no exclusive access to missions permitted. The use of the Foundry by individuals is a privilege and not a right and authors that abuse those privileges may have them denied for purposefully violating the terms of service and the EULA.

By stating in your mission descriptions that a particular mission is intended to be exclusive for any reason and then hiding the mission door demonstrates a willful violation and could be used as sufficient reason to suspend or revoke Foundry Publishing Privileges.

So someone better rethink their position on this subject and withdraw their missions and/or make some changes... We know who some of these authors are and some of the rude and intimidating language used in their mission descriptions to discourage the playing of these missions by any player is yet another violation of the Terms of service and the EULA...

It would be un-wise to continue ranting about how your missions are yours to do with as you please... Tthey are not your missions at all... They belong to Cryptic and must meet the community standards and be accessible to all players.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Hidden missions are by definition an exploit.
Thanks for sharing your opinion. Yet again, nothing in any policy put forth by Cryptic has stated that private missions are "by definition an exploit."
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Quote:
If threads like this bother you, dont read them. And unless someone is on your team, then cant "creep" into your private instance of the mission.
If private Foundry missions bother you, don't play them.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
Thanks for sharing your opinion. Yet again, nothing in any policy put forth by Cryptic has stated that private missions are "by definition an exploit."
Now your just arguing against commonly accepted definitions again. The majority of gamers understand the term "exploit" to mean using game mechanics in a way not intended. And by that commonly accepted definition, intentionally circumventing the review process is an exploit. But like I said, report the missions and let the GMs make the call. If your mission isnt an exploit then you have nothing to be worried about.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Quote:
If private Foundry missions bother you, don't play them.
I wont. Now, are you going to exit this thread since it apparently bothers you?
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Report the missions and let the GMs make the call. If your mission isnt an exploit then you have nothing to be worried about.
I encourage you to report any missions you feel are an exploit, as the developers have suggested. Also keep in mind that you =/= Cryptic; so while you might think it's an exploit, they might not. If they see it as a problem, they'll take it down.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-04-2011, 02:44 PM
Quote:
I wont. Now, are you going to exit this thread since it apparently bothers you?
Nah. I'm bored today.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Quote:
I encourage you to report any missions you feel are an exploit, as the developers have suggested.
I completely agree.

Quote:
Also keep in mind that you =/= Cryptic
Who made that claim?
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
Of course there's a very easy solution for this, missions that are meant for roleplay and Fleet Starbases should be marked specifically so that they cannot reward players with any XP/drops and do not count for the daily wrapper mission. Then those missions can hide their entry doors and every will be happy.
It would solve a ton of actual and potential issues if they added a "null" objective to the mission creator. This is assuming they remain with the design requirement that all missions have to have at least one "objective." The empty or non-objective objecive should be one you can put on your mission which does nothing but automatically exit you, without counting as a "completion" for daily or any other reward purposes. That way people who want to make missions that don't have any actual goal have a way to put them in, and Cryptic has a clear flag for sorting out "click to complete" missions from ones that just provide a setting for something, and aren't meant to be "completed" at all.