Lt. Commander
# 31
05-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Its not just in PvP it happens though. PvE with my new Intrepid seemed crazy as my shields were holding up well but my hull was being blown to bits by both the cardassians and the jen'ha'dar.

There may be more to this than just the clever use of abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Has anyone considered that this might be the sensor analysis debuff getting to full potency or stacking from multiple ships?
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazKid
Has anyone considered that this might be the sensor analysis debuff getting to full potency or stacking from multiple ships?
Kila and I tested a bunch of stuff with a sci ship... thinking the same thing. We couldn't replicate it... however it could be part of an odd cocktail of abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Quote:
I'm fairly sure it wasn't related to sensor Analysis alone.
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-04-2011, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
Which is kind of why I created this thread. Wanting to get information to find out if it's all apart of the game and it's intended, or an unexpected and maybe even unintended side effect of perhaps something new being placed in the game.
After reading this thread its may be a bug that shows its ugly head under certain circumstances ( PowerCombo's or such) or somebody is "working outside accepted parameters".
Given that this is being spotted occassionally in PvE lends me towards the former and this may just be a wierd bug that some have stumbled upon.
Kinda like when you chain alot of buffs and get the CPB burst graphics as a bonus except the effect in question is a functioning bonus not just a visual one.

Quote:
?
Love that signature, but becareful that WSatans assteroid doesn't get you.
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-04-2011, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
The Mechanic it's self isn't what bothers me.

It's when I see damage that is well beyond the mechanic. Where I'm taking damage through my shields and hull resists that is higher then expected and experienced in the past.
I understand I know the 7th Core about 6 months back ran a Beta Stack/Sensor scan team. I think OOV even experimented with it but I could be wrong about that. I think FS runs a slight variant of it but is hard to confirm with all the sci skills they like to run. It is frustrating to sit there and watch the respawn timer and see your ship exploding but the shields are 97%
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-04-2011, 09:37 AM
I don't think you can say that this is something that occurs several times in one match and never occurs in another. So I doubt it is deliberate in any way, even as an unintended bug of using a certain combo of powers.

I do think it is related to server-client hiccups.
Lt. Commander
# 38
05-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius

I do think it is related to server-client hiccups.
I think it may be as well but not, possibly, as you may think I think it may be.
Lt. Commander
# 39
05-04-2011, 08:45 PM
I do have a good question that might help to figure out how the massive bleed through is attained:

Are the Debuffs (Attack Pattern Beta, Delta, Fire on my mark, and Sensor Scan) Hull only, or Shield and Hull Resistance debuffs?

That might go a long way to figureing out what might be causing it. Because Sure it might be multiple players applying the same debuffs that causes it, but if they are always Hull Debuffs and not shield damage resistance Debuffs, that might explain it abit better.
Lt. Commander
# 40
05-04-2011, 11:19 PM
All resistance debuffs are hull only. For shields, the closest to a debuff you have is energy drain (Beam Target Subsystem Shields, Energy Siphon, Tyken's Rift, Assimilated Tractor Beam) or shield drain (Tachyon Beam, Charged Particule Burst, Tetryon Proc).

As long as your shields are up, your hull will take 10 % of all damage hitting shields (before you apply shield resistance). (5 with Resilient Shields, 20 % for transphasics). Those 10 % damage that ignores shields will of course benefit from all resistance debuffs you suffer.

I know that Tractor Beam Repulsors ignores shields entirely, I don't know fi this is also true for Gravity Well or Tyken's Rift. But this could also cuse signifiant hull damage with active shields - but all 3 powers should be visible and anything that negates the repulsor's push effect also negates its damage.