Lt. Commander
# 261
05-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Will the Tier 5 ships be getting any of the adjustments that were alluded to when the Excelsior was released? Or are there plans to make T5 ships more capable?

In large part, I am concerned that the top-of-the-line Starfleet warship, the Sovereign, an "assault cruiser" makes for a weaker combat ship than the Excesior-R. When the Excelsior was released, there was briefly some talk that this was how cruisers were going to be in the future, with the Excelsior being on the forefront. A forum meltdown caused the Excelsior to be changed to its current stats before release, and we heard nothing more about the ship changes.

Possibly tied into this, what plans are in place to make Ensign slots more overall useful to a build? That extra Tac slot on a Sovvie, or that extra Eng slot on a DSSV, doesn't seem to give too much.
Lt. Commander
# 262
05-02-2011, 11:40 AM
will we get boss style NPCs in the foundry?
Lt. Commander
# 263 CO and STO
05-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Seeing that Champions Online seems to be doing great as F2P, are there any plans to provide F2P versions of STO in Europe, or for PvP only?
Lt. Commander
# 264
05-02-2011, 01:55 PM
In the last "Ask Cryptic" you mentioned staffing and scheduling was in the works to offer more featured episodes. Can you provides updates as to your staffing or anything in general as to the Featured episode outlook for the rest of the year?
Lt. Commander
# 265
05-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel-Covaks
Okay, I've got a question, and I think its good.

Are we ever going to see anything like Champions Online's Nemesis system in STO? I figure maybe there could be a way to customize your own Captain from an enemy faction or something, and you can face them in missions, similar to the Nemesis system.
I doubt it, but in the very off chance we *do* get that, can we rename "the crew" to "minions?"

/I always wanted a minion
Lt. Commander
# 266
05-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Closed thread so I can start going through all the questions and put together this month's Ask Cryptic.

I'll have this ready so it can be posted within the next few days.
Lt. Commander
# 267
05-05-2011, 12:46 PM
I've just finished answering a bunch of these questions and turned them over the web team. They should be posted in the next 48 hours.
Closed Thread