Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 391
05-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Richardson View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
get over yourself lol. Its the enterprise F for the game. lol, you crack me up. and yes I seen over there too, and they are the minority as well vs the actual number of members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
See the word "if" in my question.
You and I both know mincing words will not change intent. But if you want to step into the middle of the fray neighbor, please by all means. I am popping some more popcorn, i'll watch this one from the sideline.

On this is one Nagus your not being wise, you should of left it alone, but *shrugs* folks mistake intelligence for wisdom. Just because we can, we seen to forget to ask the question should we?

Well luck to you all. You are all good folks and this too, like weather, will pass.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 392
05-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
There is definitely no neck. Cryptic might add one to their version (PLEASE DO) but the sketch doesn't show one.
I doubt Cryptic will add a proper neck as they've made a big deal out of this design's willingness to be 'bold and innovative'. Once you take away the mud flaps there's nothing either bold or innovative about this design.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 393
05-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoson View Post
You and I both know mincing words will not change intent.
Sorry to disappoint, but there is no mincing. I fully understand that the people here are a small minority of the playerbase and Trek fans as a whole. My question was a hypothetical, hence the word "if". Sorry you failed to understand that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 394
05-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Here is an interesting quote from the winning author on another site:

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.ph...68#post4942468

So it might wind up looking quite a bit different after that.
Thank you for posting this as I wanted to remind everyone that the winning ship has many steps to go before it is final and in game. The final ship will be using the winning ship's design as the basis but we have to make several adjustments in the 3D model. Since I'm privvy to the conceptual touch ups, I can say that I'm very happy with the way the ship is translating to 3D. In our discussion with CBS, the primary thing we are adjusting is the way the hull, necks, and saucer connect. We are keeping the design element but tightening it up a bit for fluidity.

Since it is a bigger ship than the Sovereign, it is going to be a sight to see when you get next to it in space.

We plan to start posting a design diary as we take steps on the initial model to explain how the final model is coming together.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 395
05-06-2011, 10:12 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 396
05-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Thank you for posting this as I wanted to remind everyone that the winning ship has many steps to go before it is final and in game. The final ship will be using the winning ship's design as the basis but we have to make several adjustments in the 3D model. Since I'm privvy to the conceptual touch ups, I can say that I'm very happy with the way the ship is translating to 3D. In our discussion with CBS, the primary thing we are adjusting is the way the hull, necks, and saucer connect. We are keeping the design element but tightening it up a bit for fluidity.

Since it is a bigger ship than the Sovereign, it is going to be a sight to see when you get next to it in space.

We plan to start posting a design diary as we take steps on the initial model to explain how the final model is coming together.
Awesome, very nice. I know this is probably a bit far out, but do you have any ideas for in game implementation? Will this be parked at ESD some? Appear in FEs? Maybe both?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 397
05-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
we are adjusting is the way the hull, necks, and saucer connect. We are keeping the design element but tightening it up a bit for fluidity.
NO! We don't want that flimsy neck! That's the single worst thing there!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 398
05-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Eh, it's ok.

The artistic skill is really good, don't get me wrong, but there's something about the random part of the hull that is sticking out on both sides that turns me off.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 399
05-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Awesome, very nice. I know this is probably a bit far out, but do you have any ideas for in game implementation? Will this be parked at ESD some? Appear in FEs? Maybe both?
Missions i hope but ill settle for any thing like a decent video of it when its finished lookinf awesome
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 400
05-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomyne View Post
Please do not take this the wrong way as I mean no offense, but so what?

This ship won.

And ultimately, it's Cryptic's game and CBS's francise. We're just the guests along for the ride.

On a personal note, I love this design, except for the space between the saucer and engineering section but I suppose you can use the transporter systems to get from saucer to engineering.

This ship feels right. It feels like the Enterprises before it, while taking on it's own direction, inspired by other ship classes. This ship doesn't feel like it's a flagship that has a new name. It feels like an Enterprise. It IS an Enterprise.
Im sorry but you Bomyne are completely and utterly wrong. It is not cbs...or paramount or cyptic that has made startrek. Its the fans. The fans had spoken overwhelmingly through the voting on the contest website. Granted as Dstahl mentioned it was a three way decision process. Fan Vote....Cryptic and CBS decision. What is being argued here, is that the Fan favorite did not even make the runner up list. That is just bull if the fan vote was considered in any way. There is no way that our input could have been considered and that design be left out of the runners up. Regardless of what CBS or Cryptic says that design still got 1/3 of the vote not mentioning any on their side who liked it. Further more.....as far as cryptic is concerned we are not just people along for the ride. We are the signers of their paychecks. We pay them for the service that is this game and to just utterly dismiss us is insulting to say the least.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:08 PM.