Lt. Commander
# 41
05-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Go to ANY station that is involved with STO and find one that has NEVER done or said anything offensive and post them here. You won't fine one. So I hope you email them EVERY STO radio station, otherwise you just look like a hypocrite.
Lt. Commander
# 42
05-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Patton
Go to ANY station that is involved with STO and find one that has NEVER done or said anything offensive and post them here. You won't fine one. So I hope you email them EVERY STO radio station, otherwise you just look like a hypocrite.
I honestly dont recall hearing this kind of thing on any other STO podcast. Do you have any specific examples to support your claim?
Lt. Commander
# 43
05-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philoso_Raptor
I honestly dont recall hearing this kind of thing on any other STO podcast. Do you have any specific examples to support your claim?
I'm still waiting for you to provide the PERFECT radio station that has done absolutely nothing offensive ever. You are suggesting they exist, so post them here. Otherwise there is no point in continuing.
Lt. Commander
# 44
05-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Patton
I'm still waiting for you to provide the PERFECT radio station that has done absolutely nothing offensive ever. You are suggesting they exist, so post them here. Otherwise there is no point in continuing.
I never said that. What I am saying is that SSR is the only station I recall hearing these kinds of comments on. But you are claiming that that is not true, and that they all make these kinds of comments. So do you have an example to support that claim? Do you have an example of the other podcasts making fun of a person's sexual preference?
Lt. Commander
# 45
05-07-2011, 11:55 AM
And I 'm asking you to provide proof that backs up your claim that SSR is the ONLY station that has ever done something offensive. Do you have any examples to support that claim? Do you have an example of other podcasts that have NEVER done something that has offended someone? You are making the claims that SSR is the only one, I asked for proof. You want my proof? Go to any other station's site and listen to their previous broadcasts and you will find something offensive somewhere. And remember to be just as nitpicky against them. Also keep in mind while listening that ANYTHING can be viewed as offensive.

We can go back and forth like this until this thread gets Wishstone'd.
Lt. Commander
# 46
05-07-2011, 11:57 AM
All I know is I won't listen to them ever again.
Lt. Commander
# 47
05-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Seriously people, stop misrepresenting what was said. The DJs were not making homophobic comments, and I remain baffled how anyone could even interpret them that way.

Regardless, that has been made very clear now, and there is no reason to continue to beat a dead horse. You misinterpreted the joke, misheard it, whatever. But you know it was a joke now. So move on. Stop trying to paint the DJs as something that is a complete fabrication.

The SSR DJs are by far some of the classiest people in the STO community. Actions speak far louder than words, and the unending amount of respect they give to their detractors, to their listeners and people they interact with on a daily basis proves that beyond the shadow of a doubt.
Lt. Commander
# 48
05-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Those DJ's have no class and if Cryptic knows what is right, they would never do another one of their so called shows.
Lt. Commander
# 49
05-07-2011, 12:37 PM
As I have stated in the other replies I have made, we made fun of no community members, just of each other. It was jokes and just plain and simple fun.

Simple fact is no one forced you to listen. The only ones who complained have responded in this post. We have had over 1000 plays so far and maybe 8 people complain.

Eveyone is entitled to their opinion so I won't bash you for that. So why not try to be respectable and keep the negative comments to yourself at this point. This is beginning to be harrasment. I have agreed that we should make some changes and we have been doing that on every show we have done based off of listener feedback.

Ever heard of the saying you can't please all of the people all of the time? What happens when we get on and just talk about nothing but the walkthough. No jokes, no laughter? People will complain it is too boring. So what are we to do? Just not do a podcast? Not do a radio station? We have been here for a year and aren't going anywhere. So if you don't like us I am sorry.

We have tons of talent at this station and you are missing out. Ever heard of Howard Stern? He makes a huge amount of money doing worse than we could ever imagine doing. George Takei, a loved Star Trek icon does the same stuff that we did in this very podcast and is still a loved Star Trek icon so why don't you email him and complain about his behavior. He touches a lot more people than we do. Think he will stop? Nope he won't. It's who he is. Well this is who we are.

Again I apologize if the show upset you. If you feel you don't want to listen that's your choice. But go listen to the interviews we have done, you can see just how professional we have been and will continue to be.

We don't take complaints lightly, but in all honesty, this is really the first time we have truly had any to this extent.
Lt. Commander
# 50
05-07-2011, 12:42 PM
This thread is being closed due to a high volume of content that violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
Closed Thread