Lt. Commander
# 1 Blast Processing!
05-08-2011, 03:42 AM
Hey all, I recently picked up a super ridiculous Sega Genesis(Mega Drive)/CD/32x tripple AC adaptored, four cabled beast-like hunk of plastic and am loving every minute of it.

However I'm looking for more games to add to my library so post up your favorites Sega16bit games!
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-08-2011, 03:44 AM
Super Hang On and Herzog Zwei come to mind.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-08-2011, 06:13 AM
My favorite was an excellent adaptation of one of my earlier computer games: Starflight.

If you find a copy, make sure to get one with the manual. The manual is pretty much required. I remember getting stuck at one point and the manual told me where to go next. I tried to look up the "official" way to get that hint, and no one knew. I think they forgot to put it in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-08-2011, 06:27 AM
Plenty of classics to choose from that great system. Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Golden Axe, Sonic, Streets of Rage, and their various sequels/spinoffs. When I got a Dreamcast, it came with a bundle of Genesis games that I almost wound up playing more than the actual DC games I had.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post
My favorite was an excellent adaptation of one of my earlier computer games: Starflight.

If you find a copy, make sure to get one with the manual. The manual is pretty much required. I remember getting stuck at one point and the manual told me where to go next. I tried to look up the "official" way to get that hint, and no one knew. I think they forgot to put it in the game.
Your actually not the only one who has told me this so ill definitely try it out.

I'm finding that although I didn't like scrolling shooters as much as a kid (because I sucked at them then..and still do) I am having a blast with them now. M.U.S.H.A. and Thunder Force 3 (I think) are awesome games.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Sonic 2 has always been my favorite(though admittedly I've only played the titles on the SEGA Smash Pack 2 disc, maybe a few others). I remember playing Vectorman, too. I was never very good at it but it was very fun.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-08-2011, 10:53 PM
For the Sega CD, Sonic CD is amazing. For the Old Genesis, some of my all time favorite games on there are: Star Control 2, Warsong, and Forgotten Worlds. All AAA titles.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-09-2011, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roah View Post
For the Sega CD, Sonic CD is amazing. For the Old Genesis, some of my all time favorite games on there are: Star Control 2, Warsong, and Forgotten Worlds. All AAA titles.
Ohhhhhh I didn't know they made 2 for the genesis. It's free now, I wouldn't buy a cart of it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Wark! I think you are correct and it was Star Control 1.