Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
05-06-2011, 10:03 AM
This isn't about us starting a broadcast. It is about comments on your broadcast made about something that we enjoy. Dismissing it becuase you have no interest in it kinda opens you up to critisism and comments towards bias, as seen here.
The only part I don't get is how you find it astounding that it keeps happening, since this obviously isn't the first time its happened. No insult inteneded.
Let me finally point out this: Everyone knowing that Klingons are not getting this fair share is NOT the same thing as remove the Klingons and deveolp the Romulans.

And on a personal note, please keep up the good work on your broadcast. I enjoy watching your show, for the most part.
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borticus View Post
it's simply a matter of wanting to put on a good, enjoyable show.
So you are not journalists but entertainers. Ok then your shows makes sense. And I apologize if I hurt your feelings.

Quote:
"The tough questions" have no answers.
How do you know have you asked: "Why didn't you do this at this date as you promised?"; "Will you fix X?"; "What is the purpose of under powering/overpowering skill X?"; or "Can you show a realistic time line of game and faction improvements?"

Quote:
If you pay attention to the game and follow the Dev responses on the forums, the biggest issues that players with KDF gameplay simply have no answers that will satisfy them, for the time being.
I have, they made promises and did not keep them. I don't know of a journalist who would have that one.

Quote:
The KDF are not being given a fair shake. I know it, you know it, the Devs know it. But fixing it all is simply not in the cards for the immediate future.
Then back to the preceding question, why do they promise something on X release and not?

As for starting my own broadcast I don't have time with +12 hour a day job plus deployments; and they have had plenty of oppotunity to come on the boards and answer the questions.
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-06-2011, 12:03 PM
star trek online is based off the movies and tv shows...where 90% of the main people were either part of the federation and the show is based around the federation and they are adding canon ships, it is really that suprising that they are federation ships?

once the canon ships are in game, if you see a trend where they are adding non canon federation ships over non canon klingon ships then i would have a concern. Its not like they have not beenadding non canon ships to the klingons, and thats because they dont have many ships besides the BoP that is canon
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by opzulu View Post
star trek online is based off the movies and tv shows...where 90% of the main people were either part of the federation and the show is based around the federation and they are adding canon ships, it is really that suprising that they are federation ships?
Yes and no.
There are several canon Klingon ships and uniforms still missing, there are several threads regarding that I hope you did not miss.
As for inventing new ships: Interplay did it, and did it well, Activision did as well, so did FASA in the 80's for their RPG and tabletop.
Why can't Cryptic?

Quote:
once the canon ships are in game, if you see a trend where they are adding non canon federation ships over non canon klingon ships then i would have a concern. Its not like they have not beenadding non canon ships to the klingons, and thats because they dont have many ships besides the BoP that is canon
Please don't take offense from this comment, but I'd like to point out that we've been asked to wait till the 45 day patch, Season 1, 2 and 3.
We are now asked to wait till Season 4.
Now you are proposing to wait till all canon ships are in and then see the quota of Federation vs Klingon ships.
Do you honestly believe when the day comes that every known Fed ship is in, they'll start putting Cryptic-designed KDF ships in at a roughly equal ratio?
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Yes and no.
There are several canon Klingon ships and uniforms still missing, there are several threads regarding that I hope you did not miss.
As for inventing new ships: Interplay did it, and did it well, Activision did as well, so did FASA in the 80's for their RPG and tabletop.
Why can't Cryptic?

Please don't take offense from this comment, but I'd like to point out that we've been asked to wait till the 45 day patch, Season 1, 2 and 3.
Now you are proposing to wait till all canon ships are in and then see the quota of Federation vs Klingon ships.
Do you honestly believe when the day comes that every known Fed ship is in, they'll start putting Cryptic-designed KDF ships in at a roughly equal ratio?
as to the first part, cryptic is adding non canon ships...carrier? ect ect ect....its star trek, almost all the ships are federation, it had a few ships from each faction, but with the klingons they always had BoPs only in DS9 did they try to add new ships to the Klingons and fed side that would really make for canon ships in star trek based games, thats my take on it btw, i mean they never should have introduced the perigin fighters, thats soo not star trek, thats made for games...

think of it this way, if you take 100 white marbles and mix in 25 black marbles and take out a handfull how many do you think will be black and how many white.

They are adding canon fed ships, they added (what i think) to be all the canon klingon ships and have added non canon klingon ships to make it actually playable, or your choices would be the old tos one, the BoP and that one larger shi'p i cant recall the name.

they are coming close to finishing out the federation canon ships, this should make you happy. What they are doing is also smart buisnes sense, they made 3 starter ships for the feds to show case different ships, from diff times that play the roles of tac sci and cruiser that a trail account can use(in the future) . Brilliant.

you havent said anything really that changes my mind. If they start to add more non canon federation ships then the non canon klingon ships then there is something of concern.

but if you just want more starter ships cause the federation got them it changes the argument to i want it cause they have it, and thats another argument in itself. I know that flingon players have waited, but cryptic is trying to sell the game, and most people they are marketing the game for, are going to play federation, they can only play fed for the first part anyway, 3 of the ships are designed for just that, the first part of the game play...its not about fed or klingon....its about setting the hook into a potential gamer. Its not personal, its buisnes

they are working on being able to use a ship purchased in the C store for the tutorial. and i bet dollars to bubble gum wrappers that by the next one year mark the starter fed ships will be free. Look how they remasterd the Azura mission. They are tryn to spit shine the early part of the game to get people interested and then hooked, later they will slowly make the rest of the missions remasterd and the game will slowly and slowly become a very different game from what we have today
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-08-2011, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Yes and no.
Why can't Cryptic?

To tell you the truth, I think most of us would be happy with the ships we have if we could customize them so they all do not look the same...we don't have the same uniformity that the federation has when it comes to uniforms and vessels...or at least so far in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Well we'll see what S4 brings then, just been playing with the thought of how the Romulans will look like if they come into the game as a faction? 2 Little space sectors for them fly around in with minimal support, 2 different outfits to choose from, 6 ships and maybe, just maybe a half-done main hub for quests... oh and let's not forget either the awesome press statement from Cryptic about 1 month before they put them in : "Oh they're supposed to be a PvP faction." Sound familiar doesn't it?
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 39
05-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Quote:
We have seen much less of the Romulans throught the history of Star Trek than we have of the Klingons...they will have to do a great deal of work to make it an actual faction instead of what the KDF started off as.....
Lt. Commander
# 40
05-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
We have seen much less of the Romulans throught the history of Star Trek than we have of the Klingons...they will have to do a great deal of work to make it an actual faction instead of what the KDF started off as.....
Exactly!

and just think if they wanted to do another faction beyond that...it would 99% non canon ships