Lt. Commander
# 1 Friendly to Enemy?
05-10-2011, 04:53 PM
I am simply looking for a way to change the status of an enemy group of ships to a friendly status in a mission, this would make life much easier for me. I've researched and looked through so many tutorial videos and found nothing, if you have found anything useful please link here or explain in detail how to do this.

EXAMPLE: There is a cryptic mission when you ally with the Klingons to take down an 8472 dreadnought, this is an ideal situation. There is also a mission where you join Obisek on the ground mission against other enemies.

I also cannot find a way to make a "friendly contact" attack anything, it doesn't make much sense that if I spoke to the contact and a Romulan ship cloaked in and began firing at me, that the friendly contact wouldn't help me out in the battle.

Any suggestions would be very helpful at this point, I am weighed down in the foundry so much by the lack of creative choices, it is killing my imagination for the missions I am writing out before I work on them.

Also, what is the point of have a "neutral" section, with nothing available to choose from?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-10-2011, 05:48 PM
There is no way to switch a friendly to an enemy or vice vers atm.
But I can help with another of your problems.
If you want to hav an ally help you out, you need to use an NPC group for that. YOu can give the individual actors any costume you like, same as the NPC contact.
That ally will help you out against enemies. You can also make NPC groups do more animated stuff then contacts.
If you only need one contact instead of a group, you have to hide the rest of them somewhere on the map where teh player will not go or see them. behind a planet for example.
That's the only drawback really.
Rule number 1 for making missions: It's all about what the player sees, not what actually happens on the map.