Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
Hello STO community. I've created this thread for the purpose of talking about Romulan and Vulcan evolution and history by using Greek and Roman Mythology and history. if you have any ideas please post them. But try to go by Greek and Roman Mythology and history as a reference or basis or inspiration. Let me start. First of all let me tell you that Vulcan is not the father of Romulus and Remus (also the names of the two worlds of the Romulan Empire past and present) founders of Rome. Mars is the father and he was so because he mated with a vestal virgin named Rhea Silvia who was also a descendant of Venus.

Now here's where things get interesting. Not only was Venus Mars' girlfriend, she was also married to Mars' brother, yup you guessed it right if you guessed Vulcan. You see Vulcan and Mars have the exact same mother and father: Juno and Jupiter (Hera and Zeus in Greek myth). Venus mated with a man named Anchises and mothered a son named Aeneas who is the ancestor of Rhea Silvia. So there you have it. I don't know where Vulcan himself falls in the family tree of Romulus and Remus but it's possible that he's in there somewhere. Spock said that the Romulans are offshoots so that could mean anything. Oh and one final detail. Romulans and Vulcans cannot have hemocyanin for anyone who thinks they do. Spock said he had hemoglobin based on copper. Now however hard that is to believe or however unscientific it is, he said it so in the episode Obsession in TOS so that's the way it is.

Plus it is possible that maybe an alien race in our real world on some other planet might be like that regardless of what our "Human" science will say. Plus let me tell you that hemocyanin, real copper based blood is blue and is used by Horseshoe Crabs but it is free floating in the horseshoe crab body, meaning that it is not contained in blood vessels. And because most of the humanoid races in Star Trek look similar to each other it's plausible to me that Vulcans and Romulans could have Copper based Hemoglobin.

BTW Venus, again Vulcan's wife, is the Roman Goddess and Planet associated with copper. Vulcan is possibly associated with sulfur and Mars is of course associated with irion. So metaphorically speaking their marriage gave the Vulcans and eventually future Romulans copper based hemoglobin. And because Venus and Mars had children too it's also possible tha Martian species in Star Trek might have had irion based hemoglobin and eventually evolve into a copper blooded Martian. So that's all cents on this for now. Eveybody else feel free to add to this or post your own mix. Thanks. Enjoy.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Yeah you're right. Hey moderators please move this thread to Ten Forward.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Is this thread dead? Lets get it started.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Quote:
it's also possible tha Martian species in Star Trek might have had irion based hemoglobin and eventually evolve into a copper blooded Martian. So that's all cents on this for now.
In the original pitch for TOS, Spock was mentioned to be an alien, and "possibly from mars".

May not be relevant, but it seemed to fill the missing link.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-10-2011, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by President_Shinzon View Post
In the original pitch for TOS, Spock was mentioned to be an alien, and "possibly from mars".

May not be relevant, but it seemed to fill the missing link.
Yeah I knew that bit. I saw that in the article about Spock from the Memory Alpha wiki site.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-10-2011, 05:50 PM
I was reading in history about two brothers named Romulus and Remus... I will find the hole story later.