Lt. Commander
# 31
04-28-2011, 06:52 PM
My pleasure. ^^
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-29-2011, 10:23 AM
Autobalancing is a good idea as long as we can still reinforce a quadrant manually. Manual shield transfer should simply disable the auto-power transfer feature.

The natural state a ship would be in would be to have equal power to all shields. The ship should automatically adjust its own shields.

Also I think people are forgetting that there is a 2 second cooldown for each time shield power is transferred. The game would still be limited by this and so it would not really change anything. Even with frantically spamming the --> arrow my starboard shields still collapse like tissue paper under a BoP's alpha strike. It would happen even faster if a ship automatically distributed power to all quadrants evenly.
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdSin15 View Post
Autobalancing is a good idea as long as we can still reinforce a quadrant manually. Manual shield transfer should simply disable the auto-power transfer feature.

The natural state a ship would be in would be to have equal power to all shields. The ship should automatically adjust its own shields.

Also I think people are forgetting that there is a 2 second cooldown for each time shield power is transferred. The game would still be limited by this and so it would not really change anything. Even with frantically spamming the --> arrow my starboard shields still collapse like tissue paper under a BoP's alpha strike. It would happen even faster if a ship automatically distributed power to all quadrants evenly.
The mechanic in game is used more often with shield batteries and EPtS. I have had games where I forgot to turn my programmed key that does automatically on and I collapse like a trailer in a tornado.
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-10-2011, 07:18 PM
I asked for this a long time ago; however, the distribute shields ability totally undermines the new Tactical Team mechanic.

I think they need to choose one or the other. Ether get rid of distribute shields, or make it toggleable. If they keep it, then Tactical Team should be redesigned... again.