Lt. Commander
# 11
05-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Rare? Is that particular option blue with two bonuses, and if so is there a purple Very Rare Chat...? Because obviously that would be superior.
I think my real world rank of gold is the best.

Aaaaaaaaaaand not gonna discuss that more.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Rare please. I find it digest quicker and usually has a more blunt but cushioned style of converstion.
It would be nice to speak ones opinion in a civil manner within a thread without worrying that those involved suffer from an unbuffed dermis and will just throw back insults instead of input.

I really would have loved STO to have been designed for adults instead of teens with a disclaimer of;

Mature Subject matter:
Science Fiction violence , mild language
Descriptive violence and war setting
Morally provocative situations

This would've allowed for a continue moderation on language and conduct but prepared the playerbase for situations involving a more mature subject matter such killing unarmed Romulans, Destroying eggs, Deceptions and the sort of violence found in war.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
This would've allowed for a continue moderation on language and conduct but prepared the playerbase for situations involving a more mature subject matter such killing unarmed Romulans...
Well, you get to kill an unarmed Captain Hollingsworth in Second Star to the Right, Straight on 'til Morning.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Well, we'd need to make sure that it's understood polls I start aren't all about "What do you want to have / see / do in the game?". So far we made official polls (by us yellow-named people) whenever we needed feedback on these.

If that's clear I'd be happy to whip up polls and poll-discussion with everyone! The more chance I get to chat with you guys, the happier I am.
Not to complain, but we haven't seen any new polls in a while. Also, we hardly got what was most voted on when there *were* polls. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see what a majority of people would like to see, but we need to keep it along the lines of what would be feasible in the near term when being given said choices.

Just my 2 cents.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
Would you like to see more sector blocks?
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

(One vote for each Toon is OK isn't it??)
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Polls? I don't know... Remember the uniform one? What happens is, Cryptic asks us what we'd most like to see next, and whatever scores lowest gets made first. Followed by the second-least popular choice. And on all the way to the open uniform variant that got voted highest and arrived last.

I'm not sure I see any point anymore in answering any of Cryptic's questions because of that. It's been the most counter-productive voting exercise I've ever seen. (For us, anyway. For Cryptic it probably worked out great.)
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

(One vote for each Toon is OK isn't it??)
vote undine and I might forget you've voted :O
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Well, you get to kill an unarmed Captain Hollingsworth in Second Star to the Right, Straight on 'til Morning.
Lol. True, but none of the Klingons complained that such an event was un-klingon.
The feds railed at Cryptic over the Slaughter of the Romie scientist even though they were tricked (albiet poorly) into it.